Trading System "Steady II": The Success Story Continues..

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jgadefelth, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Steady II is way more profitable with an average yearly net profit of $17000.

I like the part its "way more"....lol:D

#11     Feb 1, 2006
  2. The problem with these systems is not how they perform; if you follow all of the signals, you will profit to some degree. The problem I had with rockwell was that the signals I got were different than the signals recieved by the paper_trade environment I was using and the thrid party evaluator, collective2.

I papertraded a rockwell system on the ES using a papertrade account through strategy runner. I let it run for 30 days, and it performed exactly the same way the system was performing on Collective2.com. Good. BUT, when I switched over to a live account, I got killed. The Collective2 account and the papertrade account were both doing very well, while my real account got destroyed. They tried to blame it on missed fills (the strategy was using limit orders), but the reality was that while collective 2 and the papertrade would generate profitable signals, my real account simply didn't generate any. There was some kind of disconnect with the data feed or something, and in effect, I wasn't getting what I had paid for at all, since I wasn't really getting the same signals. It seemed like my real account was actually conspiring to lose my money, while the paper account and collective2 made money hand over fist. It was quite ridiculous, and I'm actually writing this post because I am embarassed I let it go on for as long as I did.

Supposedly they have this ironed out now, and you can get the signals through some other channel. I am not willing to find out how well it works.

Presto

#12     Feb 2, 2006
  3. fletch2

fletch2

A second semi-legitimate reason is that the system developer is willing to give up a premium for the zero variance income.

Fletch

#13     Feb 3, 2006
  4. toc

toc

Tested on 953 trades which does not include charges on commissions. At IB even $5 for Round Trip will reduce system performance by good $5K. Pretty shabby results for those who are using bigger contract. This system is made for brokers who want to earn hefty commissions. Stay away from the slick m'fuckers!

#14     Feb 3, 2006
  5. UncleJ

UncleJ

Hello everyone,

I am happy to discuss SteadyII with other people (besides my broker).

I have been trading SteadyII since it started in November on a live account (yes, I’m a risk taker) :)

So far my results are not even close to Collective2. In fact, I dont even bother going to the C2 site anymore because it just upsets me.

After 3 months of trading I am not in profit while C2 shows a gain of about 50%.

Granted, I had one really bad day where a technical "glitch" left me in a loosing trade after it was supposed to close and I lost over 25% of my account :(

I have learned my lesson and now keep a close eye on the system and have my account limits set for a max daily loss on Strategy Runner.

I have always had suspicions that systems like these are designed make the providers and brokers rich at my expense, but, I would like to give them another month or so to prove themselves.

Not sure if this is allowed, but, we have also been discussing this at another forum here:
    http://www.moneymakergroup.com/index.php?showtopic=27648

Thanks
    UJ

#15     Feb 7, 2006
  6. UncleJ

UncleJ

Ironically my results for today match the ones on C2, -10 points :(

A wise man once told me that it does not matter how often you win vs. loose, it only matters how much you win when you win and how much you loose when you loose.

The problem with SteadyII is that the wins are usually very small 1-2 points while the loosing trades are huge 10+ points.

Today hurt.....

#16     Feb 7, 2006
  7. Fred_J

Fred_J

Hi everyone,

UncleJesse, although I really appreciate your posts (that’s how I became a subscriber to Steady II) I can’t agree to your posts above:

In the moneymaking forum, you write several times that you interfered with the system, e.g.

In addition, you applied a money management technique that I have never even heard of (seems to be the “Glücksritter- MoneyManagement” :))

You also mention, that you think “the problem might be with my broker and not steady II.”

I think it is misleading to post that your results differ from the results posted on Rockwell’s and Collective2’s website, if you are not following the system rules.

I have been trading Steady II since January 3rd, 2006 and I am very happy with the results; so far my results are very close to what is shown on Collective2 (+/- slippage).

Bottomline:

1.) I experienced Steady II is a good and profitable trading system. Seems that others, e.g. Krispy, is having the same success.
    2.) I agree with mschey and ACMtrader that it takes more than just a good system to succeed; you still need the discipline to follow the rules and do not interfere with it.

Regards,

Frederic

#17     Feb 8, 2006
  8. UncleJ

UncleJ

Yes. That is very true. I did interfere with the system on occasion which I should have mentioned and I apologize for that.

However, 95% of the time I do not interfere with the system and it is very rare for my results to match the ones on C2. C2 seems to average the multiple trades made each day by SteadyII into just one trade (I think that’s how they do it). I don’t really understand why they do this and it makes it impossible to compare actual results to what is shown on C2.

I am glad that you are having good results with SteadyII because I still have hope for the system and plan to give it more time to prove itself.

#18     Feb 8, 2006
  9. Opra

Opra

Care to post a snapshot of Jan's account statement?

Thanks.

#19     Feb 8, 2006
  10. Arnie

Arnie

Good unbiased source of info on trading sytems. John Hill, the founder, has been around a long time.

http://www.futurestruth.com/top10past12months.htm

Here are the top S&P systems

Rank System Name Annual % Return
    1. RC Success 128.7%
    2. R-Mesa 3 128.6%
    3. STC S&P Daytrade 77.5%
    4. R-Breaker 76.7%
    5. Balance Point 72.8%
    6. Cyclone 67.4%
    7. R-Mesa 5 63.5%
    8. %C Daybreaker 62.8%
    9. BWT S&P Zones 60.5%