Trading System Roundup

Discussion in 'Trading' started by algorythm, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Check out some of the live trading webinars on the CBOT website. Maybe you will see something there that you like.

#11     Dec 14, 2007
  2. From just seeing the web site, I think I would like this service, but there are a few things that put me off.

1. Their guarantee -

The GetFolio.com performance guarantee is offered to new subscribers, who follow the market gauge's timely recommendations. We guarantee that your ROI, will outperform the market for the period of your subscription, or we will refund your subscription fee. To qualify for the guarantee, you must maintain a log of all trades taken throughout your subscription period, documented via legitimate proofs of purchases. Other than providing this performance-based guarantee, GetFolio.com subscriptions are non-refundable.

That is the kind of guarantee I would offer if I was selling a service that I had no confidence in. Following bad advice for a year to try to get a $600 refund seems like a bad idea. To qualify for the guarantee, I can not tell if you must buy all of the "timely reccommendations" or just confine your buys to that group. Also, when do you close a position?

2. The lack of concrete info on the site. There is an annual performance table for the last 16 years (live for the last 10 years), but no other numbers such as intra-year drawdown. They calculate the performance using the the price when the stock is first suggested and the year end price. I don't know how they handle stocks that are sold during the year or held past year end before being sold. I did not see much info about exits on the site, but I may have missed it.

3. The lack of any way to see what they actually do without buying a year subscription for $600 (or $500 without the porfolio manager).

4. No model portfolio or any other way that a subscriber could, in practice, match their performance. They appear to suggest too many stocks to actually buy.

Like I said, I think that I might like this service, but there are just too many loose ends for me. Could anyone who has subscribed comment?

Thanks
    ray

#12     Dec 14, 2007