Trading system returns versus starting a lawn mowing company

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wxytrader, Mar 28, 2024.

1. The intraday trailing drawdown isn't even that huge of an issue if you size properly. I already went over that. If you're up 100 points and let it come all the way back against you and that's going to happen 12 days in a row, than ok you're right. But how does that make sense if we already know the online prop firms are for intra-day basis?

Even if you're on a live account, trading intra-day why would you let 100 points come back against you? It doesn't add up, again unless you're swing trading, holding overnight or needing to use time and account size as your edge than maybe, but that has nothing to do than with an intra-day trading EDGE which is what you need if you're going to be trading with the online prop firms.

#51     Apr 5, 2024
    MACD likes this.

2. I just gave you an explanation of how that is still possible, with the online prop firm. If both parties know what is going on and both parties are benefiting who are you to say it's not properly aligned? That's what I don't get. Are you some kind of ultimate trading authority or something? Let's be honest here the only reason you can't or won't agree with that is because YOU believe live trailing is such a huge issue that it will drastically change the course of an intra-day trader. Which I am sure there's a few people that is true, but for the most part if you have INTRA-DAY trading edge, the live-trailing is not gong to be a huge deal. Not to mention the live-trailing drawdown goes away very quickly. It's doesn't follow for ever, so not only is it not as difficult as you say, but it also is only a temporary issue.

It's just an excuse people use and a talking point because they don't have an actual intra-day trading edge.

#52     Apr 5, 2024
    MACD likes this.
  3. Rams Fan

Rams Fan

You have a $2500 intraday drawdown.

You buy 5 ES with a 5 point stop and a 20 point target.

Price goes 10 points in your favor, you move your stop to break even. Price reverses and you exit at breakeven.

You also just "blew" your "account" because you had been up $2500.

Breakeven on the day, but you're a failed trader.

Better to say a trailing intraday drawdown isn't a big deal if you're a piker scalper trading micros for three ticks per trade.

#53     Apr 12, 2024
  4. tomas262

tomas262

APEX' plans are mainly good for fixed SL&PT scalpers IMHO. You do not want let big profit go to zero or negative.
    I am quite happy with their 150K option and 5K trailing DD to trade NQ. The lower plans forced me to trade micros .... and trading micros the same way is a pure sucker play

With SL 105 and PT 210 I know I get enough room to trade with WIN% anywhere >= 42%

With PA above 155K I am ready to play the second unit

upload_2024-4-12_23-5-58.png

#54     Apr 12, 2024
    SimpleMeLike and Rams Fan like this.
  5. Rams Fan

Rams Fan

I believe I would agree with you.

#55     Apr 12, 2024
  6. Good Morning @Rams Fan , @tomas262 262, @Concinnity, and @padutrader and @wxytrader

I am taking EASY money from Apex prop firm. EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I love APEX, I use it to take easy money from the ES markets along with my other accounts for trading ES to get RICH, QUICKLY. One account not enough, need a lot to play.

Cheap risk to get some money. Simple.

Why make the life complicated? Just go to Apex and get some good money to fund your real account.

Forget the trailing drawdown crap, who cares. I do not care about that silly thing, just trying to make some money man.

Here is the proof below, Apex paying me money every month.

Just put in another payout for $1000.

Just go click the chart all day, that is all you have to do.

Do not worry about all that rules bullshit.

You guys/gals make trading tooooo darn complicated. It is VERY easy, just go click the chart, that is all you have to do.

If you keep trying to learn about trading, get poorer, and take too long to make money.

upload_2024-4-15_7-57-12.png

upload_2024-4-15_7-58-40.png

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    #56     Apr 15, 2024
    HappyDays likes this.
  7. SWWWEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT system you have here buddy.

I LOVEEEE ITTTTTTTT.

Trade that baby.

#57     Apr 15, 2024
  8. HappyDays

HappyDays

There were a few posts in another thread saying that Apex is a scam.

How long have you been trading with them? According to you they are legit?

#58     Apr 15, 2024
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  9. Hello HappyDays,

I been with them about 6 months.

They are not a scam to me, they paid me.

As long as you are consistently making money, they will pay you with no issue.

Pretty simple and easy.

#59     Apr 15, 2024
    HappyDays and tomas262 like this.
  10. HappyDays

HappyDays

Thanks for clarifying :thumbsup:

#60     Apr 16, 2024