Trading system returns versus starting a lawn mowing company

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wxytrader, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Rams Fan

Rams Fan

How long have you been following @Handle123's compounding approach? You swinging 100 emini's now?

If you aren't, you probably need somebody to manage your risk.

Also, that isn't even close to the point of my post, and you missed the point of the progression of posts from @maxinger's to @Handle123" to mine. In fact, you missed the prop firm off ramp built into what I had to say.

#31     Mar 29, 2024
  2. Zwaen

Zwaen

You can scale with lawn mowers:
    IMG_0553.jpeg

#32     Mar 29, 2024
    VPhantom, beginner66 and wxytrader like this.

3. Not that you said any different, but just saying most people here do earn their money because they have money and use time as one of their main edges Not because they are so efficient at intra-day trading.

I would be absolutely blown away if there were more than 5 people on these boards that could grow an account with a prop firm that has live trailing draw down and receive multiple pay outs(without withdrawing funds that would close the account due to no more draw down). Some of those 5 may even have to brute force it, just to try and prove a point

#33     Mar 29, 2024
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

The problem with that benchmark, or as described, a bar for determining success, is the trader may no longer be trading his/her system/plan/methods/techniques. Changing parameters in practice, produces a different system/plan/method/technique... Not the same as optimizing.
    Which is one reason I personally have zero interest in prop or combines.

#34     Mar 29, 2024
  5. Huh? How is this not just another way of you saying you don't have that high of intra-day trading skills and you need something else like account size, time or natural bullish bias of major US markets to turn as profit.

You're not even implying it you're explicitly saying that either the size of the account or the live trailing draw down would prevent you from being successful. Which means you need time as a part of your edge. Why would you care to fight this? Is it really that valuable to your life to convince other people on here that you're an elite trader?

#35     Mar 29, 2024
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Don't be thick.

If a trader has to operate under someone elses (proven successful for the someone) parameters rather than his/her own (proven successful for the trader) parameters, then it's a bs bar for determining success of the particular trader, plan, system, methods, and techniques.

As for your fixation with time, idk what to say... You mention intraday. All I know is intraday. There is no time element other than eod... LOSING trades don't stretch beyond a money or structural stop. And of course there is nothing that prevents exiting a losing position before a stop is triggered. In all cases, on all trading days, trading positions are flattened a few minutes prior to the end of the rth trading session, profit or loss. End of story.

Regarding account size, I trade with a fixed account size that includes cushion (I am NEVER 100% in). I have already dispelled the time factor. And for bias, I trade long and short, I don't care. I profit on most days. I also have losses on individual trades, daily.

Not interested in "convincing".

Carry On!

#36     Mar 29, 2024
  7. No if course you’re interested in it that’s why you replied to my post. Or you’re saying your time is so worthless to you that you’ll defend something that you’re not interested in? I call that bs. Furthermore if you’re profitable most days there’s no reason you can’t get funded at a prop firm. That’s more bs. If you don’t care to do it because you don’t need to or want to fair enough just don’t use the word bs while you’re giving plenty of it. It’s not just some arbitrary measure of success there’s clearly defined rules. It’s so ridiculous you claim to be profitable most days trading intra-day but alluding to what I said as being some arbitrary requirements or measurement for success. There’s plenty of buckets of risk for one to use. There’s no way you’re a skilled intra day trader and cannot pass and get funded. I’ll just chalk it up to you not understand how prop firms work. Think what you what. If you don’t care and it doesn’t interest you then don’t quite my post and apply garbage to it. It’s simple. Have a great weekend.

#37     Mar 30, 2024
  8. Lastly please don’t make me take the time to mathematically prove you wrong. There is plenty of draw down offered on prop firm account even factoring in live trailing. What you’re saying makes no sense at all. If you can’t pass and get funded then you are without a doubt using something else besides a skill edge or at least in addition to that in order to turn a profit.

#38     Mar 30, 2024
  9. padutrader

padutrader

if you want to make it bloody difficult you would !

they say they give you a huge account but you blow the account if you lose 5%.

if you trade your own money,to blow it, you have lose 100%.

prop funds are fraudsters

#39     Mar 30, 2024
    VPhantom and yoriz like this.
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

You've shown yourself to be a typical Karen.
    Discussion, as long there is no resistance to your bs.
    Im not here to defend or promote. And Im not here to have a circuitous argument.
    So you win trader Karen.
    And thanks again for the back-adjusted chart tip several weeks back.

Happy trailing drawdowns to you.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
    #40     Mar 30, 2024