Trading System Lab

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Quantus, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Splat

Splat

The underlying component in TSL is a genetic optimiser. I'm not sure how they can say that there is no optimisation.

#21     Jul 3, 2009
  2. Which means 3 things, at least:

(1) You do not worth any attention

(2) You lack basic scientific knowledge.

(3) I gave you more credit than I should have given you.

By the way, the board is very good and it is not responsible if you are a loser. That you are a loser, is because you refuse to learn, amongst other things. Only very confused individuals and loser traders/gamblers compare markets to coin tosses. You got no future in trading with such misconceptions that even high school kids do not have.

#22     Jul 4, 2009
  3. I agree with you. I have the same reservations. The point one can make however is that optimization in itself is not something evil.

#23     Jul 4, 2009
  4. Splat

Splat

I have looked at purchasing it as well and I agree completely. I was just referring to the 'label' on the package. Optimization can be useful to some degree but unfortunately most of the systems on sale these days are over optimized - I know I have seen code for a lot!

The thing to note is that if the TSL system was great the guy would be trading all his money on it and possibly not selling it and trying to make money off it! I certainly would if I had faith in my system! All the reports on his site are hypothetical. I have not come across any real statements.

Its funny how when you ask any system seller for performance reports their usual response is 'I dont trade it and so dont have any brokerage statements but I have hedge fund customers who do trade it so it must be making money - but they wont reveal their profits!'... Pigs fly...

#24     Jul 4, 2009