Trading System Development Issues

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mnkc, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Gyles

Gyles

Thanks mnkc & Murray, for the links. Have visited the site and found it interesting. They seem to be providing a host of services and products.

As for the book, the offer looks good.

Murray, could you please explain the following in more detail. Also, what does "opening range breakout" mean?

#11     Sep 10, 2007
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Opening range breakout is a trading method which buy when the market moves above the open by some set offset and sells if it moves below the open by some offset. The theory is this offset amount is beyond the noise level and indicates a short term trend.

You can watch chapter 1 of my video on this topic on TradersStudio.com. Here is the link.

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Tutorials/OpeningRangeBreakoutVideo/tabid/129/Default.aspx

Chapter 2 is available by register on the web site which is free.

#12     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Gyles

Gyles

Sincere thanks Murray, for your kind information and the links to the videos, which were interesting. I think I need to go through them again for better understanding.

Moreover, I shall register at the Traders Studios for the second video and order the book as soon as possible and get back to you all soon after reading it. Also, how long is the rest of the video if I buy the full copy? You have about 15 minutes on the web site already for free.

#13     Sep 12, 2007
  4. mnkc

mnkc

Thanks for the offer. I just ordered the book.

#14     Sep 13, 2007
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

The complete video is about 80 minutes, so you have 65 addition minutes of material.

#15     Sep 15, 2007
  6. Gyles

Gyles

Thanks for the information, Murray.

Besides ordering Murray's book and video package I bought a used copy of Trading Systems and Methods (Third Addition) by Perry Kaufman yesterday. So, far have found them all interesting and informative.

At the moment, I just wish to know if if it worth buying the latest version of Kaufmans' book (mentioned above)?

It seems that Mr Kaufman is very well respected name in the "Trading Market" area.

#16     Sep 15, 2007
  7. Gyles

Gyles

I have received Murray’s book and video on this Monday. I have started reading the book and shall watch the video most probably tonight and report my opinions to you all soon.

Moreover, I decided to order for TradersSecrets and have not yet received it. Although, the moment I receive it, shall give my opinions on that too.

This way, we all can share our opinions and views and learn a thing or so.

#17     Sep 19, 2007
  8. Gyles

Gyles

#18     Sep 20, 2007
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

ask the question - i have no book - but maybe answers. mb

#19     Sep 25, 2007
  10. Gyles

Gyles

Have reviewed the above book (Traders' Secrets) and the link for the same is as follows:

TradersSecrets Review

#20     Feb 6, 2008