Trading Summer Internship

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caementarius, Nov 27, 2007.

1. I'm completing an MBA at a competitive school and I'm taking many classes relevant to trading. Save me the spiel about how none of that means jack in the real world or how trading is a waste of an MBA. I've traded enough to learn some hard lessons and the MBA has given me some very useful insight.

I've decided to leave my job (I'm doing the MBA in the evening) and do an internship next summer. I have a decent career working in IT (programmer, DBA, etc) but my heart is with trading and asset management - enough to leave my comfort zone and take a leap.

I'm reaching out here because I know that some of the best opportunities for how I could spend my summer may not be with the big name firms, though I have a competitive profile and will apply there, too.

Part of me wants to just take $10K or so and 'apply' at a prop that requires capital contribution. However, that may be frowned upon and I'd have a hard time telling folks I had to pay to get an internship.

So, if you know of any boutique firms that could use a genius intern :D (to help develop models, test strategies, etc) please PM me or post contact info to the thread for the benefit of others.

2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

best 10 grand you will ever blow - just do it and get it out of your system. see ya in monte carlo or under a bridge soon...

3. :D -- what if I've already blown up in the past and it's still in my system?

4. That would mean that you're "average".