Trading sucks, dont waste your time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jun 12, 2007.

1. If you trade for 7 years, then you shouldn't call these past two weeks volatile. This is/was a light sea breeze if anything.

#51     Jun 14, 2007
  2. In 1999-2000 I traded a stock called Micromuse MUSE. In 2003 I started trading YM, and thats pretty much what I have been trading. My edge is very good, my discipline sometimes slips.

Im not perfect never claimed to be. My kids are out of school for the summer and is cause some problems with my focus.

Ill get back in gear, I know I will.

#52     Jun 14, 2007
  3. or write books, newsletters and give seminars if you have the "experience" but cant make money, why not..

#53     Jun 14, 2007
  4. Mvic

Mvic

You have no discipline mymini (which incidentally is why you don't want to work for anyone as you can't even follow your own rules let alone anyone else's) and this alone will doom you as a trader. I seriously doubt that you have made a living from trading alone for the last 7 years.

#54     Jun 14, 2007
  5. Didn't mean to push you down.. Just saying, volatility is low since years and nowhere close to 2001/2002. If anything we can assume volatility will increase again over the years but I guess it's really unpredictable.

I hope you don't give up, I always felt you love trading just by seeing your posts. Take a week or so off, refocus, and get back in the swing, maybe with smaller position size initially to build your confidence back. If you're in a drawdown I feel for you because it's the worst feeling of all... been there myself numerous times over the years, it's inevitable. Trying to climb out of the cup and it seems like one is always about to slip back. Eventually you're back at a new equity high and you feel like your conquered your worst enemy. Good luck.

#55     Jun 14, 2007
  6. I receive a salary of 70k, combined income in my household is 140k

What you say is partly true, I have worked all my life since I was 17 dropped out of high school in 11th grade, got my GED and went to work, I graduated from a culinary arts school and have worked in the high end restaurant business from 1988-1998.

I will call on my grit, and pray the good lord shows me favor. I am struggling right now but am confident I will emerge victorious.

The proper attitude will do the trick," YOU CAN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN"

#56     Jun 14, 2007
  7. Good luck, mymini.

Are you trading just one stock? Maybe try others?

#57     Jun 14, 2007
  8. Hello,
    Yes good attitude, You can do anything you want as long as you believe,

hell if you don't someone else would, ... some people have to these days even though it might not come true, or it might.

swing trading futures as what you are doing is hard to do, almost impossible to be consistent! imo, because when you mention volatility during the past 2 weeks
    I really haven't seen any, but as a swing trader for stocks, I was in no positions because of the volatility.

If you traded futures with a swing long term style, it would be impossible to hold your stops etc,

maybe you should lower your profit target and aim for a few sure bet snipes.

Its hard to predict futures over the length of 2-3-5 days or even this afternoon!

as you can see in the past week.

#58     Jun 14, 2007
  9. bgp

bgp

i stopped day trading the e-mini last fall . i have switched to t-notes. does anyone really make $$$ consistently daytrading the e-mini??? really consistant ????

bgp

#59     Jun 14, 2007
  10. mde2004

mde2004

Lose your ass old timer. Always keep/have a stop in place before you enter the order.

#60     Jun 14, 2007