Trading sucks, dont waste your time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Jun 12, 2007.

1. All of the "head faking" gotten to you then ?
    (Level II is so bogus....I don't watch it anymore.)
    Or was it the nano-second trend length ?

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. Smart move. You might be one of the smartest folks on the site.

At some point everyone has to decide whether they are satisfied with their progress, or whether they would be better off letting someone else do the heavy lifting.

Life goes by fast..Find someone else to manage your money for you, or another less stressful way to invest. The main thing to remember is you need to make money. You have plenty of alternatives at your disposal..

Good luck

Steve

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. TOM134

TOM134

#13     Jun 12, 2007
  4. Good one. I don't blame you. I tried to get into it and can't. I am finding staring at different stocks more and more boring and the returns don't beat buying and holding in my case. I know I can do 100-500%/year returns with good small caps just buying and holding.

Thought I'd have some fun trading options but it's not as fun or profitable as I would like it to be and truthfully, reading a new Theroux books is ten times more interesting than staring at the computer. Following through some options positions next month and will mostly be out of larger market stocks other than maybe some options on the indices.

Good luck. :D

#14     Jun 12, 2007
  5. If you start with $100,000, at these rates of returns, your account balance would exceed the entire Russel 2000 capitalization in just 15 years. Think you can do it?

#15     Jun 12, 2007
  6. And now you see what I have been saying all along..

#16     Jun 12, 2007
  7. Ahhhhh, young grasshopper, you have found truth to the fact that there are numerous ways to skin a cat. There are many ways to make money in the markets.

Being honest with yourself is probably the hardest and most critical step in becoming a better person as well as trader. Don't look at your realization as that of a failure, but as that as one of self-enlightenment.

Yes it is hard (if it weren't you would have succeeded and everyone would be doing it). It does take skill (skills which take time to develop and many haven't the time for). Lastly, patience. That it seems you do have since you have found that longer term positions agree with you.

Good for you, and Good Luck!

#17     Jun 12, 2007
  8. I've turned $50k or so into $2M in 4 years or so. I can't do what you say, but if I diversify I can do $10-20M in the next 4 years I feel. Thanks. :D

#18     Jun 12, 2007
  9. You were frozen like a deer in headlights and whining like a little girl when your great "buy and hold" method was getting SMOKED during the pullback last spring.

I believe the old adage----Don't confuse brains with a bull market----was intended exactly for you.

#19     Jun 12, 2007
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Hell I'm 44 and just hitting my stride! I wish I had more time (mortality-wise, that is) So many years wasted!

#20     Jun 12, 2007