Trading sub $2.00 stocks in foreign markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dtrader2223, Dec 26, 2006.

1. I currently live in Canada and trade on the Canadian exchanges. I trade primarily in penny stocks (under $2.00) and am able to trade quite successfully at it. Due to the different type of market I am not interested in trading on the US penny markets (Bulletin Board & Pink Sheets).

There are other exchanges (e.g. Australian, LSE) that I am very interested in trading on but I cannot find a way to do it. I am not interested in the large-caps on these markets but rather the sub $2.00 stocks.

I have looked into opening an account but they always require you to have a residence in that country.

Does anyone know a way that I can actually do this? Could it involve a PO box or something?

Thanks,

Brian

2. fusionz

fusionz

IB won't let you? Also just wondering why you don't like US penny stocks.

3. IB will allow you to trade only certain stocks which tend to be the larger cap stocks. I currently scan about 1800 stocks looking for those that have become very cheap (usually due to 1 person dumping shares). I can't do that with IB's selection of issues on foreign markets.

As to why I don't like the US market? It is rather different than the Canadian exchanges in that the real cheap stocks (which tend to have more volatility which is how I make money) are with Market Makers which change the whole equation. On the Canadian exchanges I can see the exact bid and ask as well as the market depth and I am able to more accurately predict the short-term (from 1 hour up to 5 days) direction of the stocks.

Brian

4. I assume you trade stocks on the TSX Venture Exchange, which I believe was the Vancouver Stock Exchange. Have they cleaned themselves up? Or do they still welcome the scammers?

5. I trade on both the TSE and the TSE Venture (the old Vancouver exchange). I wouldn't necessarily say that it is totally cleaned up as you do need to be careful but it is not as bad as the BB or Pink Sheets.

Brian