Trading Styles for ES

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by VisionTrader, Jun 27, 2003.

1. "a thousand ways to trade ES that work"?? bwhahahahahahhaa! too bad you dont know even ONE. wasnt that YOU whining for a method to trade the chop about two or three months ago cause you was gettin' KILLED?

c'mon cathy, quit BSing us :p

#21     Jun 28, 2003
  2. I basically trade NQ but my style would be applicable to ES by diving the numbers into ~2. I have two modes of trading

1) Intraday "trend following" mode. Usually initial risk=3-4 points, target=9-12 pts. I keep track of volume and breadth and estimate if short or long side is preferred to minimize entering into false breakouts/pulldowns in the wrong direction.

2) Fading mode. When the market hits yesterdays/today's HOD/LOD without breadth and volume support then I take the opposite side of the move. Initial risk=4 points, target 15-16 points.

I follow my trades with trailing stops and my trade duration so far ranged from 1 second to 2-3 hours! I broke my shortest trade record yesterday with a 1 second trade--my stop was 1 points which is very rare for my style! My average holding time is about 40 minutes.

I think I'm more like an "investor" compared to most people on the board in terms of trade duration :)

#22     Jun 28, 2003
  3. Vision, It's motivated people like you that make this interesting. Thank you for your kind words. I will not go into more detail other then your opening post to start this thread with, caught my attention. As Nitro would say.....electric....I make my living from this .....but I know you can do it...just keep working!

Not many people would enter right at the open 8:30 cst with a market order. But I do. My trade usually lasts 1 minute, but am out in 15 min. max.

A 93% winrate is the same as an 60% winrate if the 93% winrate has an avg w/l ratio of 0.148 and the 60% winate has 2.799. here try this:

http://www.hquotes.com/tradehard/simulator.html

It can be construed as luck if someone goes for such a small target while taking such a huge risk. A system that does this cannot be defended as it would only take a few losses in a row to blow up. This is the reason for my time stop.....which has lowered my wirate to 85% but raised my avg w/l ratio even more....so I do not know what the winrate correlation is anymore....no one would believe me anyways.

Unfortunatly, this system did not work at the beginning of 2002...backtesting did not prove it out. So I do not offer it commercially....only for my own trading account....as when it stops working it can be devastating. I would not recommend this for anyone. I feel that I am able to recognize when it stops working before I blow up....I am currently not trading it while refining the target. But it still works.....

This is not an endorsement of a trading platform by me.....and it is not even available in the US yet.

http://www.strategyrunner.com

Michael B.

P.S. as far as my net worth......this is a work in progress... and yes I lose millions in the ES trying to learn how to scalp. NITRO please help!

#23     Jun 28, 2003
  4. Nitro's WIFE makes HIS living :p

His style is EASY to emulate if your satisfied with 3/4 here and 1/2 there just buy support and sell resistance. Get out quick when your wrong. no big deal.

#24     Jun 28, 2003
  5. I thought Shreddy was the one.......nitro your sandbagging me?

Michael B.

#25     Jun 28, 2003
  6. okay good advice. I have decided on a system. It has a very low risk per trade which is good for me now. The reason I asked the questions was I wanted to know how others traded compared to myself. Thanks.

#26     Jun 28, 2003
  7. "good advice"?? what the hell did she say?? yes, i agree contained within her words of wisdom lie the wholly grail once deciphered. three months ago she was whining up big time 'bout losing her buttskee, go figure. wahahahaha hooo hooo weeeee ha! :p

#27     Jun 28, 2003
  8. Oh, so there's a chance he is not a millionaire.:p:eek:

#28     Jun 28, 2003
  9. I am a millionaire.....Whats the exchange rate from Lira to $ I have not checked recently?

Michael B.

#29     Jun 28, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Hmm....and this comes from "The King of the BS'ers":p :p

I did find some methods that work. And have been quietly using them. Guess you just are not in the loop?:D

#30     Jun 28, 2003