Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by hoodooman, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Bob111

Bob111

man..you just dont get it...besides trending market i mentioned housewifes for purpose-that exactly what most of them do-they trying to average down losers and keep doing it till they lost their profits and then-their savings.
    generally-it is VERY bad idea to average down. specially-double,triple. i dont know much about you,but your balls must be made from iron to do it. it may work for ETF's like QQQ since they probably not going to zero,but-it can take a while, before you get even on it. unless-there is some more rules and money management involved.

#11     Apr 11, 2004
  2. I trade this strategy with the rydex mutual funds. So far I haven't had more than 2 consecutive losers.

#12     Apr 12, 2004
  3. T-REX

T-REX

Not so fast dude.

This averaging down method DOES work on an intraday timeframe hence the martingale theory. There is a system being traded right now that does exactly this. It averages down to a maximum of 16 contracts on futures but the parameters can be adjusted to a maximum of 8 contracts. The system works well on Bonds and Euro but requires a $60-$100k account to start with.

.....and NO I'm not a vendor nor paid endorser of the above mentioned product.
    :D

#13     Apr 12, 2004
  4. T-REX

T-REX

The trader who sits right across from me trades this strategy and there have been days that he has lost anywhere from $5-$16k! on any given day.

Also the system is not a trend following system and therefore will fail during trending market conditions.:(

#14     Apr 12, 2004
  5. As I said, I haven't been trading it long. But If I had 8 to 16 consecutive losers, the bull funds would be going in in the toilet and the bear funds would be taking over. Hope you know what I mean about bull and bear rydex funds.
    Thanks for the replies. I'm still optimistic.

#15     Apr 12, 2004
  6. :eek:

optimistic?

With system performance?

:eek:

#16     Apr 12, 2004
  7. Bob111

Bob111

the guy was not talking about intraday. he was talking about double and triple position size in losing position with rydex funds(which already have some leverage like x2)

couple years ago i was trading pairs in intraday and averaging is key method to make money fast there..but here is different story

#17     Apr 12, 2004
  8. T-REX

T-REX

Oh o.k. BUT............

"Also, the system is not a trend following system and therefore will fail during trending market conditions".

the fact still stands.:(

intraday or not.:eek:

T-REX

:cool:

#18     Apr 12, 2004
  9. Once your in, if the stochastics takes you out and the ma's go under, you do not doube down?

Michael B.

#19     Apr 12, 2004