Trading strategy to sell

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by julientibo, Dec 28, 2008.

1. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

#11     Dec 29, 2008
  2. Is that all?

#12     Dec 29, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well most systems, even good ones, will remain profitable for maybe a year or so before the edge is identified by others in the market. This particular type of vendor is one that I cant stand, but I can see why he sells his product. The "system" might remain profitable for 6 to 18 months if its very good. So, he prices it at 20% of one years gains and sells 15 of them. Wizzz bang boom.

#13     Dec 29, 2008
  4. And what about those systems with track records of several years that have been consistently profitable? You choose to ignore those I presume?

And this is speaking of only public systems, where the likelihood of piracy/fraud etc. are high. To say that success is guaranteed to last only a short while is misleading at a minimum. But maybe that's just because YOU haven't created a system with good long-term results?

Look at how liquid the ES is. How many different traders and methods are there? IMHO, there are more than enough to mean someone can create a good and lasting edge without being arbed out of the market.

#14     Dec 29, 2008
  5. Typical of your racist asshole that you are to TAG all the beautiful nations and people of South Africa in such a cheap and filthy manor.
    You don't have to post if you don't have anything useful to say, you know?

#15     Dec 29, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Ok let me qualify what I said. I always reserve the right to be wrong and I don't know everything about anything.

I have no personal experience with mechanical trading systems. I'm not an engineering type, and so it just never interested me. I do have several friends who are though, some of them are very successful. By what I have seen most mechanical systems have a limited shelf life. That's not a bad thing, if something makes you a million dollars in the four months that it works that's great, and it gives you a lot of capital to hire engineers and programmers to find the next system that will do the same thing over the next 5 or six months. So, please understand that I'm not knocking mechanical trading as a method of making money, actually the most profitable people I know all trade mechanically...so that's not the issue. The issue to me is that most people do not understand the limited shelf life that a system has..and the final issue is this: Most of the people who are looking for "Done for you" type of "red light/Green light" trading sytems are not going to make it, even if they do find a system that works. Aberations is an example of a commerically available system that actually does make money...but I know very few people who have been able to actually stick with it through the drawdowns it has. Human nature being such as it is, since they don't know the logic behind the system, when it has a drawdown they assume its "broken" now and stop using it. Of course this might be the case, but it also might not be..but the only way you know this is if you are the one who created the system.
    Anyway I did not word my reply well. If you have created a system that has produced profits for several years without having to be changed you are doing a great job. It's probably not impossible, but I don't know of anyone that has done it, or if they have they just have not told me.

#16     Dec 29, 2008
  7. No, you don't have to stay in front of your computer! You can give your system to a Broker and they'll gladly trade it for you and give you 100% of your profits and then you could do us a favor by not spamming us.

#17     Dec 29, 2008
  8. Now we're on the same page! :)

#18     Dec 29, 2008
  9. Thank you to have post back on my forum.. I have receive a lot of mail on it. I have sell 2 of my strategy, 1 with elite trader and the other one with personnal contact. I still have the numbers 1,4 and 5 to sell. If some of you guys have some interest in those just let me know. They still doing really nice money.

Thx and good trading!

#19     Jan 13, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

The Garbage forum is more like it.

#20     Jan 13, 2009