Trading strategies for Jobs report Thursday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by KCalhoun, Mar 25, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

How are you going to trade after tomorrow morning's 8:30am jobs report?

Here's my strategy:

I will start trading premkt after the numbers are out. If SPY goes up I'll scale into TQQQ & SVXY. If down, which I expect, I'll enter TVIX VXX SQQQ.

Note there's often an initial quick reaction that reverses by 8:40 so I won't trade size til after that time.

Best wishes for profits. I call bs on this latest 2day dcb bull trap, I expect massive selling to continue within a week. I'm rebuying inverses like TVIX SQQQ VXX SOXS etc on any 2day high breakouts

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  2. I am long SH (same as shorting spy). I hope I don't get stopped out.

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. U know Job report already priced in right? Even we have 10 millions unemployed... Doesn't mean shit

Pekelo likes this.
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Some is priced in, true - but there will still be a tradable reaction. The question is how far will markets rally or selloff. Futures price action tonight is initial attempt to forecast

5. Noone123

Noone123

We know it's already bad, so how do you think the markets will react? Amplify that with an inept bunch of villagers on the Hill, and this is a good basis to take it down.

6. I bought 2628 shares of SPXS. I bought it near end of today's regular trading hours @ 19.125.

I'm worried about the stimulus vote moving things in the opposite direction, though.

7. Noone123

Noone123

Stimulus rally is done. Priced in with recent rallies Tues and today.

8. ok. Then good I didn't get my limit order filled just now before after market closed.

I set it, then it kept moving around so it didn't fill. So I decided to throw caution to the wind and say f*ck it see what happens.

9. Noone123

Noone123

Yeah, don't chase it. It will come to you.

10. Overnight

Overnight

It is not a "jobs report" That comes out next Friday. (The NFP number).

This is the initial unemployment claim number. And I do not think algos have it priced in...Not really, because we are still awaiting the senate bill to be voted on and signed by Trump. A whirlwind of chaos will ensue! Maybe go long the VIX?

#10     Mar 25, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.