trading stats related to fridays selloff

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jasonjm, Jul 28, 2007.

1. great call - good work.

#41     Aug 9, 2007
  2. azukar

azukar

No, it's monopoly money traders like yourself that turn these forums into what they are. As for facts, you haven't posted any yet nor have you posted any charts illustrating your alleged facts.

As for stops, who cares if the S&P moved 60 points against your "calls". Gosh, that's only $3,000 an ES contract or in Parker Brothers currency it's only 6 orange $500 bills......chump change!!!

#42     Aug 10, 2007
  3. jasonjm

jasonjm

do you understand what a call is? in the hands of a semi intelligent person, it can be used to define risk levels and maximum losses. Hint Hint

as for charts, i dont use them, nor TA, nor indicators, but that is for another thread and another day.

anyways, I have to put you on ignore now, I can't waste time on lost causes, good luck.

and BTW, yeah $3000 is chump change.

#43     Aug 10, 2007
  4. azukar

azukar

Yeah, I know what a call is as I trade options quite a bit. Funny thing is you never mentioned options until I called you on the lack of stops, or any other details on your alleged trade.

The world is filled with losing traders who still think they know best, and obviously you are still a member of that illustrious group.

#44     Aug 10, 2007
  5. azukar

azukar

Oh, you keep on risking 60+ S&P points trying to make 30....it will take you far.

#45     Aug 10, 2007
  6. jasonjm

jasonjm

azukbar whatever your name is (cant see your name anymore the ignore filter hides it), I wrote you a nice reply, but then I figured I'd rather just not reply to you at all

good luck with your trading, please move on to another thread

thanks

#46     Aug 10, 2007

7. Congrats. You found the holy grail predicting the future.

#47     Aug 10, 2007
  8. Who pissed in your cherrios? It was a good evaluation of past results, and held true. A call by definition enables you to enter with a defined risk, so thats the way to trade something like this in a volatile environment.

The beauty of that trade is not only did the price target get hit, but volatility also grew, so the payoff was very nice with time decay having zero impact on the calls (yes, you could've done this with aug 17 ES calls).

Its up to you to set your stoplosses, etc.. Thats your own discipline. He did you a favor and saved you some legwork.

jasonjm: great post.

Typical ET troll. New idea: they should rename elitetrader.com -> displacedyahooforumtrader.com.

#48     Aug 10, 2007
  9. Stats are like theories - they sound great on paper but usually unravel when the light of reality is shown upon them. Trading is also easy when done on paper and/or when the use of stops is, er um, optional. [/B][/QUOTE]

Trading is also easy when backtesting archived data sources to death. The question shouda, coulda, woulda don't even arise.

#49     Aug 10, 2007
  10. So don't take the trade. No one is forcing you.

#50     Aug 10, 2007