Trading statistics spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bigfootmm, May 28, 2002.

1. geringer

geringer

chasinfla,

I am the developer of TradePerformance am interested in what "nitty gritty maniupulations" you would be interested in
    that would make this product worth the purchase for active traders such as yourself.

We are planning version 2 now and would like to know what type of functions you could not "Whip up in minutes".

(BTW is does match your trades).

Some of the features planned for V2:

- Better Support for Futures and Options
    - Better Reporting and Printing
    - Data importing from IB, TradeStation, and QIF (Quicken) transaction files
    - Connecting to Real Time Data Feeds
    - Others?

Thanks for your feedback.

Steve

#21     Oct 17, 2002
  2. One

One

chas,

I use a basic data base manager, MS Access, to document my trading, allowing me to add fields to records and write quick new reports whenever I want to analyze my trades, e.g., by entry type, exit type, for taxes, closed and open equity curves, etc.

I suspect there is software that is slicker and perhaps more efficient in some ways, but I value the flexibility of being able to analyze whatever I like. If I wanted to, I could cut and paste trade data from excell, say from IB, directly into the data base, but I prefer to review the trades as I enter them from my blotter. Don't know whether this type of flexiblity gets you any closer to what you need, but I suspect calculating summary stats based on a field for timestamps would be painless.

O.

#22     Oct 17, 2002
  3. tt1452

tt1452

Does anyone know where I can get a simple excel spreadsheet to log my russell emini trades?
    Thanks,
    tt

#23     May 29, 2005