Trading Software which has strong and easy programming language

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by WmWaster, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Every starter can do so. :)

That's good.

As long as EasyLanguage can give me enough flexibility & power to code some complex trading rules, it is silly to learn complex language to achieve the same thing.

Could Tradestation read Metastock files directly? If not, what converters do I need to convert data to its format?

Could Tradestation support stock screening (ie the explorer in Metastock)?

Thank you.

#11     Apr 19, 2006
  2. Bob111

Bob111

you can try wealth -lab. speaking about excel-you can do practically anything using excel's VBA. the reason i mentioned wealth-lab,because it's a pain i a** to rewrite let say indicators in VBA or any other programming language. in soft like tradestation or wealth-lab all those functions\indicators already in it.
    i'm not a programmer, but using classic VB6. it fast,flexible, easy to learn.
    http://www.wealth-lab.com/

#12     Apr 19, 2006
  3. bitrend

bitrend

To be honest with you I don't know such detail. You better contact their support team directly. Does Tradestation have a support personal here at ET like IB, TradersStudio? The support is another factor that you need to consider.

#13     Apr 19, 2006
  4. I don't agree, VB is lot harder to learn compare to Easylanguage, wealthlab, ami...

According to excel vateran John walkenbach in a survery
    -Just 0% of new excel user use the VBE window
    -Just 9% of experianced excel users use the VBE window

Tradestation don't provide support for ET forum, because most traders here are using illigal copy of TS2000i, They provide support for their own forums only

#14     Apr 19, 2006
  5. OK, I'll try to ask them.

By the way, how frequent do you use Tradestation?

#15     Apr 20, 2006
  6. RonD

RonD

If you are looking for a trading system that requires no programming expertise at all, you should checkout PleaseContactBaronToBecomeASponsor.com They have a new system that's real easy to set up.:)

#16     Apr 20, 2006
  7. NeuralBee

NeuralBee

#17     Apr 24, 2006
  8. RobMc

RobMc

Is it possible to buy Tradestation as a stand alone testing thing that I can import data into rather than get it as an adjunct to a trading account? If so what is the best version to get? I see references to 2000i as though it is a) the best, but, b) somehow not quite legitimate?? Is this correct? I don't think it is available in the US but I am UK based so that is fine. I'm just looking to pay for a box with Tradestation inside, so to speak.

Lots of questions questions but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob

#18     May 1, 2006
  9. ellokn

ellokn

#19     May 1, 2006
  10. I vote for Neoticker...

#20     May 1, 2006