'Trading Software' unanswered question

Discussion in 'Options' started by asdfghj7, Jul 23, 2009.

1. I put the following question in the 'Trading Software' forum last night, but didn't get an answer. Does somebody here know?

In IB's workstation under the 'Top % Loser's' of the day, there are a number of underlyings I can't find. Does anyone know the stock names for the following symbols? C PRE, C PRF, C PRI,
    C PRM, C PRO, C PRP, C PRQ, C PRR, C PRS, C PRU, C PRW ?

2. spindr0

spindr0

Those are Citigroup preferred issues. For names and quotes, you can do a group search under "Citigroup" or you can look em up individually. There isn't a uniform syntax for symbols. CBS Marketwatch uses no space (CPRE). Quantum online uses a hyphen (C-PRE). Some, like E*Trade use periods (C.PR.E).

Happy hunting.

3. I'm gonna go to each right now. Thanks for help.

4. spindr0

spindr0

I hope you caught some of the volatility in the M and P shares this past week.

A word of caution. There's a tender offer to "exchange the convertible and non-convertible preferred and trust preferred securities for newly issued shares of its common stock."

I haven't figured out what, if anything, it all means but there was notification today by IB that they have raised margin on all 13 of them to 100%.

Good luck.

5. You are not seriously considering trading these things, are you?

Why?

Mark

6. spindr0

spindr0

LOL. Traders trade, Mark.

7. I used to trade Topp's baseball cards and bottle caps (yes, soda bottle caps).

Besides 'old' what dos that make me?

Mark

8. If that was before the 80s especially, for your sake, I hope you kept them and kept them in pristine condition lol.

I was just a bit too young to have bought cards from the store that would be worth a fortune now (I collected in the early/mid and some late 80s)

JJacksET4

9. spindr0

spindr0

10. The 80s???

I'm talking about the 50s!!

Yes, I kept them in good condition, but one summer when I was away at summer camp, my mother threw they all into the trash. I cannot describe how I felt.

Mark

#10     Jul 29, 2009