Trading software is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flats1, Oct 1, 2007.

1. taowave

taowave

I would strongly suggest you take a look at StrataSearch and order the demo version.IMHO,it is the most unique product on the market and I have looked at almost everything

#11     Oct 17, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

I've used eSignal for years as a data source for MetaStock.

#12     Oct 17, 2007
  3. sammybea

sammybea

I am a strong believer in Qcharts which Esignal bought. Their charts are unmatched (far better than CQG in my opinion) and their reliability has been pretty damn solid ever since Esignal bought them.

#13     Oct 17, 2007
  4. It surprises me that Omnitrader and Stratasearch are mentioned in anything like the same context. Stratasearch is very different with far loftier goals (it's more technical under the hood). To be honest, I find it rather amusing to even think of comparing the two. Strataseach outclasses it's would be rival in every way that matters.

Caveat: I don't own stratasearch but am looking at it.

#14     Oct 25, 2007
  5. taowave

taowave

I agree with everythng you said,especially the "every way that matters" part...I have demoed/used almost every software product on the market and SS is the only one I would not want to be without..

#15     Nov 3, 2007
  6. rosy2

rosy2

great job. you must be a really good trader. Unfortunately, I am not an elite trader but merely a code monkey. I can however duplicate any software you are willing to purchase for half the listed price...PM me for details.

#16     Nov 3, 2007
  7. Hi flats,

Firstly, software will not turn an unprofitable trader into a profitable one, and it will not increase the profit of an already profitable trader.

What it do, however is give a trader the CONFIDENCE to be able to trade a strategy through producing a BLUEPRINT and a BENCHMARK as to what to expect in realtime trading.

And that confidence, especially in those inevitable periods of drawdown, is worth every dollar you pay for the software.

Also, the blueprint will let you know when your edge is no longer working.

Hope that helps.

I dont use anything hardcore for my software. Metastock coupled with TradeSim is more than enough for End of Day trading in my opinion. In fact I trade weekly.

Nizar.

#17     Nov 4, 2007