Trading Skills

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pension_Admin, Nov 24, 2009.

I have increased my simulated account by:

1. 100% + in a year

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. 50% to 99% in a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 25% to 49% in a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10% to 24% in a year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 0% to 9% in a year

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. I lost money in my simulated account

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Most traders use leveraged accounts, percentage gain is meaning less. % gain is for investors who park their money somewhere and hope desperately. Not for traders who want to make a living.

Ever heard of the ratios of cagr, omega, sterling...

#21     Jan 17, 2010
  2. I don't believe you.

#22     Jan 17, 2010
  3. You're confusing me with someone who cares.

#23     Jan 17, 2010
  4. the best quote i heard from someone about sim/demo trading was that 'you'd do things
    sim trading you'd never do real trading', and i agree with munnyhunny's '100%', done it
    lots of times myself, as well as resetting the sim account after blowing it

what i recommend even tho you may be suspicious of fx brokers is to open a micro
    account with an fx broker of your choice eg FXCM's: http://www.forexmicrolot.com/
    minimum $25 - most fx brokers offer micros, also Oanda: http://fxtrade.oanda.com/
    where you can open an account with $1
    whatever your trading system is it will for the most part also work trading fx pairs assuming
    it's a straight buy/sell system

while demo/sim trading has its uses, there is no question trading with real money is a
    totally different animal, or rather, you'll discover your self's real trading ability and most
    importantly, your reaction to LOSS - losing Your Real money

sim trading is shadow boxing, real trading is getting in the ring with an opponent

#24     Jan 17, 2010
  5. I did not read the entire thread but I just HAVE to mention that even though it might be a good idea to test ideas in a demo account before going live, that I think it's essential that someone practices with at least a small amount of money. You cannot POSSIBLY gain real experience with demo trading.

#25     Jan 23, 2010