trading site

Discussion in 'Events' started by soler, Nov 10, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

after free trial I will tell you how much it should cost :D

#11     Nov 10, 2002
  2. daytr8r

daytr8r

gimmee a break... you are so noble that you want to expound all your trading knowledge with the universe.

if it was something worth paying for, you wouldn't be selling it.

btw, i have some great ocean front property in arizona i'd like to sell. anyone interested?

#12     Nov 10, 2002
  3. toby400

toby400

Snake oil and vomit everywhere.

:eek:

#13     Nov 11, 2002
  4. I have so many sites to monitor now I need to get up a half hour earlier.

If you are so good, why not show us what you can do with a real time journal like one of your competitors Brandon is doing?

#14     Nov 11, 2002
  5. ddog

ddog

"my trading staff & myself have been around for many years & have consistently made profits"

If you are so good at trading and want to enlighten people why don't you give it away for free? That way everyone can afford it.

#15     Nov 11, 2002
  6. Shankar

Shankar

The web is free. As soon as a web site is asking for money I go. You have to offer a unique asset to charge money. This site here found a nice way around. It looks independent but depends on the sponsors. At certain forums they kick your post out if it is too honest. :confused:

#16     Nov 12, 2002
  7. jester

jester Guest

Solar,

Did your site ever get up? (I didn't read every post here, forgive me if you already stated that)

Just wondering?

J-

#17     Jan 30, 2003
  8. Yannis

Yannis

Soler,

What I get a lot is questions from new or prospective traders asking how to start and what to do first, second, third, all the way to the point that they feel comfortable and are somewhat consistently profitable. Yet, I don't know of any website that takes that approach: a systematic guidance for the journey, especially the early weeks, months and perhaps years. Practical advice arranged in steps, sort of thing.

Just an idea - good luck! :)

#18     Jan 31, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

After having designed some of the largest sites on the web and participated in the entire IPO process from start to finish my advice would be to ask the following questions:

(1) What do you have that is unique enough to dictate charging a fee ?
    (2) Even with paying customers, will there be enough interest to make this a viable business ?
    (3) If you plan to advertise, what is your plan to ramp up enough eyeballs to make the ad fees represent a viable cash flow ?

Designing a profitable online business is not very difficult: Designing one that truly generates decent cash is much more difficult. If you are starting from zero expect a typical business ramp up: the days of a year to two year startup in the Internet space are over ....

#19     Jan 31, 2003
  10. soler

soler

interesting thoughts.
    I'll definetely take that into consideration

thx

#20     Jan 31, 2003