trading site

Discussion in 'Events' started by soler, Nov 10, 2002.

1. soler

soler

I'm in the process of creating a new website devoted to trading chart setups for all cdn & us equities mkts.

my question to the forum is this;

what key features would you be looking for from a new site?
    education? weekly & monthly index analysis? daily T/A setups? etc etc

how much would you pay/ mth? $35, $50 $200?

perhaps this is geared more to 'newbies' but I'd appreciate if the 'seasoned' guys could respond too.

thx

btw, is it alright to promote the new site (when up & running) on elite trader?

2. Sounds like a great idea.

And yes it is alright to promote the new site on ET after you have made arrangements to do so with Baron, the site administrator. PM him with further questions regarding site policy.

:)

3. March of 2000?

I am afraid you are living in the past.

4. Oh my. Another one. Its a a conspiricy.You guys are trying to test me this morning.

5. soler

soler

perhaps I forgot to mention that its our opinion that now IS a great time to be trading the mkts.

my trading staff & myself have been around for many years & have consistently made profits. We typically do not daytrade. We scan for solid swingtrading setups, thereby decreasing our risk & increasing the probablity of a successful trade.

many think most traders are long gone.....yes that is most likely the case but our site teaches people how to trade. It is not based on fundamentals just solid T/A work.

Most stocks are cheap, one can make a solid return just by trading pennies if need be.

we teach people to go short as well as long. The most important factor, that MOST people forget is that in this kind of mkt one must be hedged. If you are'nt you will lose.

The simple fact that we want to start a website should be saluted
    & not frowned apon. It is a huge undertaking but one with great rewards as we will teach people how to make money trading.

6. BCE

BCE

Good luck to you with your site if you proceed. I was considering starting a web development business before I was sidetracked by trading. One thing is that the site itself will dictate how much people are willing to pay and the fees in your question, "how much would you pay/ mth? $35, $50 $200?" seem unrealistic unless the site is really spectacular. The thing is there is a lot of free information available online and also there are many other fee based websites offering a similar product to what you're suggesting. Like TradingMarkets.com (one of the better ones). It's very competitive out there. Don't mean to discourage you but want to suggest you keep your expectations realistic. I don't know how much you know about creating and maintaining and marketing websites, but it's very involved and can be very expensive. Think it all through first and good luck in your endeavors. :)

7. I write software as well and many have asked me if I plan on selling it. My thought is that if it is that good at finding patterns then why not just trade using the software to make up for the $$$ you would sell it for to people and, at the same time, not have to worry about major headaches such as support. This is why I just use it myself.

Have you considered this?

8. soler

soler

thx for your reply.
    My feelings are that its time to share what I've learned with others. I see too many people around me losing & doing the wrong things. Its very frustrating to sit & watch. I want people to learn that trading is not about gambling its about managing risk. I want them to succeed like I have.

I guess it just comes down to boosting my ego.:)

9. I'd be lying if I said the same thought hadn't crossed my mind. With everything I said above, I still can't completely rule out letting others use my software at some point. Good luck to you.

10. VictorS

VictorS

Oh, my. This is so funny. Keep it rollin'
    Just think, you haven't even made a wisecrack yet.

#10     Nov 10, 2002