Trading simulator?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ewile, Feb 23, 2002.

1. ewile

ewile

Hi,
    I didn't want to disrupt the flow in the Obtaining an Edge topic. But in the discussion a trading simulator was mentioned. I was wondering if someone could direct me to a good one that is a) preferably free or very inexpensive and b) can be used any time-not only durring market hours and that c) you have found worthwhile.

Thanks!
    Ed

2. ewile

ewile

For got to mention that I want to trade stocks. Thanks.

3. iiphos

iiphos

have you tried cybertrader's simulator? i think fills can be quite a bit more forgiving than real-time but it's free.

4. iiphos

iiphos

5. neo_hr

neo_hr

Hey there!

NP, you could've asked there :)

My recommendation would be to go to www.ensignsoftware.com and dnload the software. Once you install it I can give you some clues (mind you it IS complicated to a new user) but mostly you'll be on UR own.

Once you get the hang of it It is probably one of the most powerful softwares Ive seen, just ask tntneo what you can do with it. What it has is realtime simulation of emini movement PLUS SIMBROKER, you can place trades and it tracks P/L and a lot more.. Now, I dont know how useful it would be to a stock trader (such as myself) but ive been tinkering with it for a while now... I even may daytrade ES mini since I just cant seem to swingtrade.

Feel free to PM me If I can help. Oh, its free for 30 days then you gotta pay. Hrm, theres a little way arround it but... you wouldnt wanna break the law now, would you O:) ?!

Warmest regards,
    Alex

6. I would try Tradecast. Their simulator replays the market in the evening and various times over the weekend.
    www.tradecast.com