trading simulations needed...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by eric75, Mar 8, 2004.

1. eric75

eric75

I'm pretty new to trading and over the last year, I have attempted to study the market and learn as much as I can about stock trades.

I am looking for a free simulation program that can help me in practising trades/trading to get a more practical knowledge of what I am doing. I have tried the demo on GCI Trading, but it is mainly for futures trading. I am looking for something relating to stocks/options trading.

I believe that this is called "paper trading"

I will appreciate every response.

Eric

2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

You did not say, whether you want to run your simulations offline or realtime?

Go to the freelance pages of IB: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/index.html

There are a lot of order-entry tools which allow the playback of recorded data. Check, whether they allow trading of stocks.

Check also Elitetraderboard for discussions of these tools.

If you want to run real-time simulations (highly recommended), you will have to open an account, in this case with IB, deposit the minimum (IB: 2000 USD), pay for the datafeed (do not know the fee for stocks) and test your trading skills in realtime.

There are also a lot of discussions in this board about the pro and cons of simulated trading. If you have not done so already, I strongly recommend to read them.

Have fun

Bernd Kuerbs

3. Sittas

Sittas

Realtick has a sim aswell (TALX),
    but it's pricey.