Trading Silver on Comex or E-CBOT?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by PohPoh, Jun 24, 2008.

1. cbot and comex silver contracts are NOT fungible...

#11     Jun 26, 2008
  2. -There are four silver contracts -

can you name them please ?

:)

#13     Jun 28, 2008
  3. "QI" Nymex 2500 ounces
    "SI" Nymex 5000
    "ZI" Nymex 5000
    "YI" Nymex 1000

Interactivebrokers symbols

#14     Jul 1, 2008
  4. ess1096

ess1096

ZI and YI are CBOT

#15     Jul 1, 2008
  5. forgot about the QI ( nymex )

it does not get much attention

as far as open interest and volume

#16     Jul 1, 2008
  6. Yeah you are right, I should have been paying more attention before I posted that.

I have looked at doing some overnight scalping offsetting the contract against each other as liquidity become available and trying to gain the Bid/ask spread

#17     Jul 1, 2008
  7. Hey like think about it I'm giving big clues you people who want the "grail" I try to help but think for yourselves there are low capital good reward way to trade but if you bury your head in sand you will never get anywhere. Sorry to all the good traders but you know what I mean

#18     Jul 4, 2008
  8. edpolton

edpolton

I haven't paid that much attention to the silver contracts in the evening, but I have occassionally done what I think you are suggesting in gold.

A couple of times I saw an unusually high ask on YG, because the market was thin, and placed an ask right below it for 3 contracts. When the short was filled I immediately bought a GC contract to offset the short, then waited for the spreads to come back to normal and closed the positions for a profit of perhaps .50-1.00.

The probelm is, I do not see it happen all that often, and you can't use any size because the trade requires someone to pay the inflated ask price (or bid, in the reverse situation).

Maybe it happens more often in silver. Of maybe this isn't what you are talking about.

#19     Jul 4, 2008