Trading setup

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by youngwallstreet, May 6, 2009.

1. Hi there I was wondering what an optimal office setup would be! Im looking for specs for a computer, monitor setup stuff like this.

I currently have a 22 inch monitor, I was thinking of getting another 22inch monitor. Or is 22 inch to big?

I have 2GB RAM
    DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 5000+ 260 GHZ

ILL BE USING LIGHTSPEED PLATFORM FOR TRADING.

Any thoughts be helpful! Thank you!

2. gody3

gody3

Go for another GB of RAM and a larger monitor. I have 24's and 26's and they're worth it. Get at least a dual video card.

3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Why would 22" be too big? A single monitor is not sufficient for trading, bare minimum is three ( research, data, charts) and get 30" monitors.

4. Surdo

Surdo

I make just as much trading off of a laptop as I do a three screen setup!

Screen real estate is nice, but not mandatory to be a profitable trader.

5. Depends what type of trader you are.

I could trade looking at just a cell phone all day.

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

"I make just as much trading off of a laptop as I do a three screen setup!

Screen real estate is nice, but not mandatory to be a profitable trader"

Obviously you are leaving money on the table.

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

"Depends what type of trader you are.

I could trade looking at just a cell phone all day."

In ten years of trading I have not met one profitable trader who can consistently do that. One trade, does not make a career.

8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Gentlemen/Ladies if what you are saying is true i.e. one can trade just as well off of one screen as three or more, do you think big trading houses like Goldman Sachs, Knight Trading, SAC Capital etc., would spend thousands and millions equipping their hundreds of traders with three or more screens.
    Simply you are not traders. I rest my case.

9. At the most I trade twice a day. I spend 99% of the time waiting until price hits a certain level. Once my price alarm goes off I make the trade and close the position within an exact amount of time every time. I only trade the e-mini. You must not know any selective and exclusive e-mini traders?

I perfectly understand the need for multiple screens when you are a stock trader who makes a good amount of trades each day. However I don't understand how you have been a trader for 10 years and have not met any traders who approach trading the same way I do? Hmmm.

#10     May 9, 2009