Trading Serenity

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Chumley, you are indeed fortunate to have found such a lovely young lady to mentor. I have never tried mentoring the deceased, but if the (mentally) deceased on ET (not naming names) can mentor the living, why not the reverse?

#41     Jul 13, 2009
  2. chumley

chumley

One good thing about mentoring the dead is I don't have to worry about about my method being exposed, however, suddenly I've lost that serene feeling. :eek:

I think I'll stick to finding someone offline and alive to mentor, might be more fun after all.

#42     Jul 13, 2009
  3. Chumley, maybe the reverse would work. Almost every night I dream about trading the overnight session (way too old now for wet dreams), and have a lot of fun at it and learn a lot. It never bothers me that even in the dream I know that I don't have a computer or an internet connection, the trading just flows. I have often wondered if I am being mentored from the beyond. If you also dream about trading situations, you might try lucid dreaming and see if it works for you. Some of my best stuff has come from dreams, I even code the trading ideas in the dreams and usually can remember enough of the relevant parts of the codes to hack them out upon awakening. But finding a real live good looking girl to mentor is probably better if you are younger than I am. (BTW, I often dream about the girl whose photo you posted, but if you can bring her back from the dead, preferably that young again, I wouldn't be a bit jealous.) And lest you think me crazy, to paraphrase Joseph Heller, "You can only trade if you're crazy, and you have to be crazy to want to trade."

#43     Jul 13, 2009
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

Whew, that explains everything. Thank you!

As a fairly new trader, I don't yet have trading dreams, so I ask kindly your indulgence in my naive question: If you trade well in your dreams, do the profits show up in your account in the morning?

#44     Jul 13, 2009
  5. Good question! No, I have a separate account for dream trading the overnight session, and all the profits go in that for me to spend in my dreams. But that's not the best part. LBR wrote that (perhaps I paraphrase a bit): "Nothing gives you confidence for the rest of the day like a quick scalp at the open." Dream trading does the same thing for me. And I don't have to think very hard any more during the day because I do most of the tough algorithm development lying flat on my back at night. All I have to do is remember it and transcribe it. I wouldn't recommend it for someone with a weak sense of identity or porous reality boundaries, however. Once I started believing my trading dreams, I perforce had to believe all my other dreams. That was a big shock.

#45     Jul 13, 2009