Trading Serenity

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Jul 6, 2009.

1. It will be for sale in Classifieds shortly, in several choices of colors and borders.

#31     Jul 11, 2009
  2. Will you offer suitable discounts to Traders without Borders?

#32     Jul 11, 2009
  3. You will have to pay in USD, cash, no Cdn accepted.

Which reminds me, I have been meaning to warn ET about the insidious invasion of Canadians into the site. Not unlike that we have witnessed in the arts. Do not allow these cold-blooded people to steal our heat! It is 104 in North Texas, and the warmth suckers crave it!

#33     Jul 11, 2009
  4. There is a theory floating around that body heat is contributing to global warming. And with you Americans growing by the day, more in size than in number, there is little wonder that the climate is spinning out of control. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that during cold winter months, we Canadians seek refuge in your proximity.

#34     Jul 12, 2009
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

A thread after my own heart (especially once RN chimed in): Never watched Seinfeld (or American "Idle", for that matter).

As for serene trading, I just recently discovered I can throw all my indicators away, leaving only the 20-period MA onscreen, short when price bar is 1 cm above the 20, long when it's 1 cm below.

Thunderdog, next you'll be insinuating our monitorial LCD 4-plexes and 6-plexes are contributing to global waming...

#35     Jul 12, 2009
  6. An interesting price increment, 1 cm. Is that more than a "skosche", but less than a "tinch?"

#36     Jul 12, 2009
  7. I suppose we could get into a heated argument, but that would only exacerbate the problem.

#37     Jul 12, 2009
  8. To Arthur Deco,

You pushed a button with the word serenity when you entitled a thread with serenity in its title.

Of course it might be said that Seinfeld pushed the same button more publicly long before this thread.

I looked it up, serenity may be the most spiritual word that is NEVER used in the King James Version of the Bible.

FYI, I found serenity on this Sunday night, not just in the fine bottle of red wine that I consumed but in the cinema.

I do love music and literature, but my greatest passion is cinema. With a that bottle of a wine, I watched La Notte, a sixties B and W film by Michelangelo D'Antonioni. It may have been a third rate film by the standards that he set for himself. But his third rate work is far superior to the first rate commercial likes of Steven Speilberg.

So it is, serenity on a Sunday night, when no trades can be made can be found in some fine red wine, and a neglected film of Michelangelo D'Antonioni.

#38     Jul 12, 2009
  9. chumley

chumley

Hard to tell who's who online but I think I found a nice young thing to mentor, wish me luck...
    [​IMG]

#39     Jul 13, 2009
  10. TW, there was serenity of a sort to be found in the overnight markets, as they first retraced to Friday's lows and back again to Friday's highs. It was a bit like watching "The Gospel According to Saint Matthew," speaking of old B&W films. I trust that that reference pushed some Christian's button, because it depicted Jesus as a snotty little shit who was executed primarily because he was obnoxious.

#40     Jul 13, 2009