Trading Secrets :)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ATSTRADER, Apr 25, 2006.

1. now it makes sense to me. :)

It is easier for me to understand as
    demand(buy) exceeds supply(sell) on a certain stock, the stock price has a TREND to go up. and vice versa.

#21     Apr 26, 2006
  2. Cheese, I enjoy your posts but just because you can't see them and do not know how to define them doesn't mean they aren't actually there or don't exist in real-time.

If you define them then you miss nothing of the confirmed moves between the extreme oscillations in the Trend.

#22     Apr 26, 2006
  3. I am :confused: This thread is about trading secrets. Ten points in the first post are about commonly known guidelines. Every trader knows about those rules yet 95% are not profitable.
    What are the secrets of profitable trading?

#23     Apr 26, 2006
  4. The chart you posted is completely based on hindsight. You have taken a historical chart and added lines to define a "trend".

#24     Apr 26, 2006
  5. Cheese

Cheese

Everyone sees the higher highs/lows and lower highs/lows .. nothing difficult there. Waiting to use them as a validating sequence to confirm a move means intraday, you will or any novice will, without any other understanding, miss many or most of the points available.
    :)

#25     Apr 26, 2006
  6. hehehe

Those lines are created in real-time by an automated program. The program was created based on objective parameters and is strictly rules based. See what happens when "we speak of things which we have no knowledge of". Appendages fly up and get stuck in orifices.

#26     Apr 26, 2006
  7. All that "automated program" does is place a point at the highs and lows and then connects the points in a straight line, similiar to this. You don't need a program to do that.

#27     Apr 26, 2006
  8. :D These are the secrets! there are no other secrets in this market...
    except of open interest, perhaps :):)

#28     Apr 26, 2006
  9. WADR (With all do respect)

It is so reassuring that you are familiar with the intricacies and fully comprehend the programming involved in creating my program.

It is glowingly obvious that with your vast knowledge in this field I can only imagine you are somehow involved in the intelligence industry or at the very least, the Bush administration.

#29     Apr 26, 2006
  10. Ok I think I see your point. In other posts of yours, you've repeatedly alluded to "gyrations" which, from what I can tell, are price oscillations from an extreme to an extreme through some sort of 'mean'. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that, so long at the price moves sufficiently to an extreme, its worth trading regardless because these moves will be missed if one waits for some sort of trend confirmation.

#30     Apr 27, 2006