Trading "Secrets"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipside21, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Cool what do you sell?

Why would you ever want to retire unless you were doing something you didn't enjoy doing?

#21     Jun 26, 2011
  2. True and so hard to do even when one has an edge.

#22     Jun 26, 2011
  3. cornix

cornix

A lot of hard work with market (both historical and realtime) and spreadsheet software.

#23     Jun 26, 2011
  4. db retired as sustainer.

#24     Jun 26, 2011
  5. why is that?

#25     Jun 26, 2011

6. I didn't enjoy it aside from the income. The customers were getting shafted by the orgs in that service that was promised had sub-conditions and clauses. I got fed up with the crap and just said fck it for years and retired.

#26     Jun 27, 2011

7. close, SnakeEYE. But instead of "sustainer" the appropriate word is

suzerain. :)

Look it up, its a beautiful word, has deep meaning and oozes power.

Then dig the other form, "suzerainty" :) :)

#27     Jun 27, 2011

8. I always love it and almost die from laughter when I read some ET-er say that this or that technical pattern is his EDGE.

Read the threads on EDGE - I did and for those minutes I was transported to Lalaland.

One cat said that the 3 minute chart was his EDGE since he trades on the 10.

I had to look out the window every minute just to retain perspective.

And the best part is that each of the participants were sharing like they were at Stanford.

Ethereal Trader.com is what it should be called. :) :) :)

#28     Jun 27, 2011
  9. Handle123

Handle123

One can only have loses of 15% or lower by trading it, backtesting only gets one so far, it is mining gold out of a mountain, you have 100lb rock of ore, but by the time it actually becomes something, it is down to 75lbs.

I have over 35,000 hours of screen time thru trading over three decades, do I have secrets, you bet I do. Will I offer hints at them, what do you think? Once the barn door is open, the secret is no longer a secret and the masses get it. And there is no amount of money one can pay me for all the years of my experience, you can only spend so much in a lifetime. You work so many years, keep it to yourself, don't be greedy to allow brokers to possible figure out what you are doing, and build up your wealth.

Years of hard work shows one what doesn't work thru of backtesting, years of trading allows one to develop their "edge", your mindset, and years of study develops your money management.

Very few can endure the years of punishment to really learn about themselves and why Price moves the way it does. But once you do learn, you will be so surprised and ask yourself why you didn't get it your first year.

#29     Jun 27, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. cornix

cornix

To process and adjust market/trading strategy stats in a more effective way.

#30     Jun 27, 2011