Trading Secrets For Sales. 200% returns possible.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jinxu, Dec 16, 2010.

1. heech

heech

I'm not sure I buy that. I suspect there's selection bias in these anecdotes we here.

For the lucky few turning 100k into 200k... if they are lucky 3 years in a row, they're at $800k... and now they're likely to blame scalability when "luck" turns.

#91     Jan 26, 2011
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Luck has nothing to do with it. It can be done year after year, but without automation 100% stops at around 500k-1mil, since this is where major futures markets liquidity start becoming an issue. Instantly executing few hundred ES contract a clip with no slippage is bit harder than 10-20.

Apart from HFT, I do not know anyone who successfully implemented fully automated trading.

#92     Jan 26, 2011
  3. I agree there is a difficulty somehow to double your account per year if you have such bln size but still wondering how big guys could double tens of blns?

In other words, is the size would be an issue for scalability and profitability for the big guys also? And how do they cope with their big size trades?

#93     Jan 26, 2011
  4. You mean ' when edge fades":)

#94     Jan 26, 2011
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

As far as I know no hedge funds even close to doubling 10s of billions. I believe Simmons best year was 2000, where me made something around 97%. The best have around 30% a year on average acroos decades, which is amazing in all respects.

#95     Jan 26, 2011
  6. heech

heech

Simons often hits 40%+ after fees... considering his fee structure (5/44), that means he's basically doubling on a gross basis.

It's just ridiculous, is what it is. If Jim Simons posted on ET, we'd laugh him out of town.

#96     Jan 26, 2011
  7. is this one of those thread by a losing trader desperately trying to raise more money.....so that he can lose it again? I haven't read the thread yet..........not sure if I should waste time...

#97     Jan 26, 2011
  8. heech

heech

You've summarized it pretty well.

In this case, the losing trader wouldn't really need the capital... except he doesn't want to wait a whole month just to save up his own starting capital (again).

#98     Jan 26, 2011
  9. jinxu

jinxu

I'm getting more money refunded than I had thought, enough to trade with....could this be a sign???

#99     Feb 12, 2011
  10. d08

d08

Yeah, go for it jinxu. Your threads are always interesting to read because of your honesty. Although I read your posts with schadenfreude.

#100     Feb 23, 2011