Trading Schools

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Chris Pace, May 17, 2006.

1. Surdo

Surdo

Nice work Trader32 you TROLL!

• fx.jpg
      File size:
      48.8 KB
      Views:
    #11     Aug 20, 2006
  2. Robzebr

Robzebr

I attended Online Trading Academy in New Jersey in July 06. I took the Equities course... the full week.

As I was trading in an Esignal demo account I was thinking about waiting until just before I went with live money to take the class.

They suggested that I take the class in July this way I can utilize what I learned to trade in the demo account before live.

I'm glad I did. :)

Since taking the class and keeping track of my progress since August 1st 06 I'm averging 8% a month.

Based on my experience and results I would recommend it.

#12     Jan 27, 2007
  3. Robzebr

Robzebr

I forgot to mention that I took a DVD course by Ken Calhoun, Stock Trading Success. It was 14 DVDs shot at a seminar he did in Denver last summer.

www.stocktradingsuccess.com

Steve Nison, expert in candlestick theory is also in it...

Very good, recommeded.

I just started getting involved with Pristine of White Plains, New York.

www.pristine.com

I finished 3 DVDs by Dan Gibby.

Mastering Breakouts and Breakdowns
    Trading the Open and Gaps
    and Trading on Company News

I found all 3 to be very good. I'll probably by the rest of them...

But its like anything else, you have to sequester yourself in and really do them, pause when you have to.. discuss the topics with a coviewer etc...

If you have babies crying, dogs barking etc. and other interruptions save your money.

#13     Jan 27, 2007
  4. Damn! That's why I can't trade lately with all the commotion around here. Hey, thanks a lot for pointing that out!
    :p

#14     Jan 27, 2007
  5. just as a sniper shoots only when the target is in sight and the conditions are optimal, so must a trader.

not all conditions are optimal and one must save capital or trade size for the optimal conditions.

the key is knowing which conditions increase likely hood of a win.

and when to alter trade size. If your tradaholic, then just trade small size when the conditions arent clear cut.

#15     Jan 27, 2007
  6. klam

klam

Heck Ken Caulhorn... i free trialled his DayTrading University. He boasts around beating his chest like a gorilla, handing out challenges to anyone who can beat him trading first hour.

I said i mention it to Dan Gibby of Pristine and Dan said fine.

Ken said oh Dan is a friend of mine, then no more challenge.

#16     Apr 10, 2007
  7. I attended a presentation at the NY Traders Expo given by the onlinetradingacademy and it was one of the most bitter, cynical, condescending presentations I have ever been subjected to.

The presenter, who, in all fairness, was NOT Mr. McMahon, was some 20-something who clearly, "knew it all." He was going to show everyone how stupid other traders were, how trading is a suckers game unless you listened to him. blah blah blah. It was painful and if I were Mr. McMahon, I would have this kid fired on the spot for misrepresenting the trading profession, and for poorly representing the OLTA. Then I would have fired the human resources director for hiring this kid.

Now, the videos Mr. McMahon sells to teach you trading are useful but may be a tad basic for some people. If you are new, or fairly new, the videos will be useful, at fhe very least, as a refresher of technical analysis basics. If you want to buy the videos cheap, check out www.traderslibrary.com or ebay.
    good luck and happy trading,
    B

#17     Apr 10, 2007
  8. Save your money and work on what's between your 2 ears first!, then you might have a chance! :)

#18     Apr 10, 2007