Trading Schools?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by fern-fern, Mar 11, 2004.

1. fern-fern

fern-fern

I'm very interested in trading field but I have a very limited knowleage about it. So, are there any trading schools out there that I can enroll full time before I walk out into a real trading world?

2. :D :D :D :D

Come to my trading school, I'll teach you how to make millions.

Tuition, only $1000, pay in installments...

:p

3. Sure Tony, start by teaching him how you make millions with opening orders.

Okay, enough of this. What you are asking is "is there a (reputable) place where I can get formal training to learn to trade"? The answer is yes. First it depends on where you live. For instance, on the west coast USA, in San Francisco CA, you have Golden Gate University, where Professor Henry Pruden teaches the Wyckoff method. Classroom training (or internet if you prefer), high quality, good track record, all the trimmings. If you live elsewhere look first to your community college, and if no luck, move up to a 4 year University where you can get as general or as specific an education as you need. Do Not pay for weekend training courses, or 3 day courses put on by brokers, vendors, and the many "name" traders who advertise that they will teach you to trade successfully in a short time. It can't be done. Here on the ET site, use the search command at the top right hand side of the home page to look up subjects of interest. It may help you to read my own "New Traders Thread". Be skeptical of all claims. Be prudent with your money, and don't trade until you have a little experience under your belt. Good luck Rookie. Steve46

4. fern-fern

fern-fern

well...i'm looking for an actual classroom trading school, not the online one. thx for your suggestion anyway :))

5. One thought comes to mind. There is a guy named Tom Busby, who trades the DAX and offers (I believe) a classroom environment. Use Google to look him up. Don't remember where he is located. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Best Regards, Steve46

6. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

The only Trading School I ever heard of im my trading carreer so far.(9years. so not that long yet)

7. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

One word of advice........find a Mentor, if not possible, go PROP and try to meet with the successful traders within that Prop house.

THERE IS NO SCHOOL FOR TRADING>.....BRIGHT has a 1 week course on how to give more money to Bright in commissions and its in VEGAS because bright is the HOUSE.

8. The Business School at Western Illinois Univ. offers a specialty in commodities futures & options, think that they focus on market profile:

http://www.wiu.edu/users/miag/facstaff/tpd/curricul.htm

A taste of their take on things:

http://www.wiu.edu/users/miag/facstaff/tpd/tutorial.htm

Don't know much more about it, found this while playing around on the web.

It appears they do alright:

http://www.wiu.edu/users/miag/facstaff/tpd/458in03.htm
    (scroll down)

The "Hogs & Cattle" caption & pic were good for a laugh...
    :D

HTH
    Smitty

9. well trading is like sex there is no real class for it. you can buy a book at think you know what your doing. you can sit in a class an say so thats how you do it. its all about being wrong and exiting quick or being great and leaving on a high note.

10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

THE BUSINESS SCHOOL OF WESTERN ILLINOIS?

LOL........

#10     Mar 11, 2004