Trading Rooms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dotslashfuture, Aug 28, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

I live in Chicago and trade from home as well. I have thought about the same thing, but I have one issue with the suggestion:

1) If people go and get a DSL/T1, office, phones, feeds, etc, are you willing to pay for your share of these expenses up front for a year?

If so, I think that there would be people willing to join in the Trading Room - I certainly would strongly consider it...

nitro

#31     Sep 4, 2002
  2. Yeah that movie does kick ass.....I've got the Special Edition DVD....second disc has tons of cool stuff. The way they did the special effects etc....
    David Fincher(Seven, The Game, Fight Club) may just be one of the best modern directors.

#32     Sep 4, 2002
  3. Gooney

Gooney

nitro & dotslashfuture,

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't refering to creating a trading room, however I wouldn't rule it out. The office I looked into in my post was a 100 square feet big enough for me & a computer. What I was interested in finding out is if there was already such a place (a trading room, prewired, independent of any brokerage or clearing firm) in Chicago that would rent out desk space.

#33     Sep 4, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Gooney,

Hmm, I don't know - I would say the closest place to this might be:

http://www.investscape.com/about43.htm

Notice that they have a skokie location. This place is a joke to trade _WITH_, but they may allow you to do what you want.

I was also at Hold Brothers in Chicago where they would allow me to rent their space for $400/M - PM me and I can probably dig up a contact. If you go to the MERC building, or the CBOT, there are numerous places there that would allow you to do what you want.

nitro

#34     Sep 4, 2002