Trading Rooms

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BuyDell, Apr 15, 2012.

1. The one used in the paper is a demonstration of what is possible.

The reason for using NN is that some patterns can be quite difficult to express in exact form.

NN requires good training dataset. That is something quant firms can do best as they can throw resources behind the project.

#21     May 2, 2012
  2. I have tried so many different systems and trade rooms out there...honest rooms are really hard to find. even when i was so confident that i had found the right one, all the sudden they would magically have extreme unusual circumstances that they would blame for the poor results.

I have heard some really good things about these guys--www.OilTradingPros.com
    they dont charge much and a friend of mine has been subscribed for quite a while and says they are great. i am thinking about giving them a try.

#22     Jul 10, 2012

3. really? oh wow!!! I'm going to jump on that.

#23     Jul 11, 2012
  4. eknollen

eknollen

First of all, you will not make money riding someone elses coat tail. Successful traders have suffered through bad times long enough to figure out what works for THEM. What works for some guy you're watching wont work for you. Do not copy what anyone else does... Yeah, you can learn from people, but you have to learn how you can make what works for them, work for you. Execution and trade management matter at least as much as the actual trade. More in my opinion...

That said, I know of two "public" rooms that are not frauds. Both are free. Are there any paid rooms out there that are not frauds? Maybe, but I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, first there is www.tradeitdontdateitcom/live This guy trades most days, for many hours. He is a position trader in the ES(also trades oil and treasuries, but his stream is on ES). He uses only S/R price levels and patterns, and is really good at managing the risk on his trades. He's usually willing to answer specific questions if you ask, and he is legit.

Second, tradeforprof.it/ has a lot of people that seem to be legit. There is no live stream in that room, but there is a lot to learn from some of the people in there... I would listen to these people, and avoid stocktwits and twitter like they are armed criminals trying to rob you :)

Those two rooms have really different general approaches to trading, and both have great qualities that you might be able to incorporate into your OWN strategy. And you might even make some money following their trades and trying to copy what other people do... But in the long run you will lose money, and no one is going to get you paid but you. Good luck

#24     Jul 29, 2012