Trading Rooms: recommended or not

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by cbrokermike, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Didn't mean to offend you Reaver. I'm really asking exactly what is stated. Besides, you gave me advice didn't you?

Should I conclude that anyone who posts advice on ET is obviously not a good trader or else they'd be spending their time trading rather than posting questions?

I asked you a question. That's it. Seriously, I'm not trying to offend you.

#21     Feb 28, 2008
  2. TraderZone

TraderZone Guest

I get > 7000 entries on trading room:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/search.ph...=2230901&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

and anyone who comes in on their 4th post, and wants advice on something, but mentions a link in particular, is usually a Spammer/Shill

So when you do the same, you know, if it quacks like a duck?????

#22     Feb 28, 2008
  3. You didn't offend me at all. You said that you are a broker, I assume you're not a trader yet, or else you would have probably mentioned it. Forgive me if I am wrong in that assumption.

The point is, once you finally turn the corner as a trader you will realize that the only way to really trade is to figure it out for yourself and do things your own way. Read, read, read, and read. Separate the wheat from the chaff. Cut the crap, study the things you find useful. Rinse, repeat. Like in trading, let your winners run, cut your losers quickly. See the correlation there?

I do not feel wrong in assuming you are not currently a profitable trader if you are seeking out a chat room, especially by way of asking total strangers. Is that not a logical conclusion for me to make?

#23     Feb 28, 2008
  4. How many matches for "Trading rooms"? If you notice, they all relate to this thread. I searched prior to posting.

#24     Feb 28, 2008
  5. Fair enough. Persons asking about chatrooms would usually be people looking for advice. But it seems completely logical to me to ask. If I posted "anyone use Interactive Brokers?", what would be wrong with that? I gave an example at the beginning because I wasn't sure if people refer to trading rooms as, well, trading rooms. Some just call them chatrooms (actually, I found more useful info under this search).

Although I have to laugh when you said "don't get combative". Haha. As Steve Schiffman would say, I responded in kind. You accused me a being a schill, so I responded to that.

Anyhow, thanks for the comments Reaver. I do value an honest opinion.

#25     Feb 28, 2008
  6. When did I call you a shill? Interactive Brokers is a brokerage, not a "trading education chat room". They are well respected and legitimate.....that's totally different than asking about chat rooms.

If you're truly being honest here, then it will all make sense to you soon enough, don't worry.....

Hmmm, you sure do remind me of someone.....Just odd that you're only responding to me when there are others here saying the same thing I am. Just can't shake the idea that you may be someone familiar....

#26     Feb 28, 2008
  7. Reaver, your first post in the thread was a reply to my reply to TraderZone. I don't know how else to interpret a picture of a guy in a "Spam" can other than the responder accusing me of spam. I replied that I was asking about trading rooms, not promoting them, to which you replied that "then why are you asking about..."

The implication seemed clear enough, but I guess I misread the intention of your response. No problem. Thanks.

#27     Feb 28, 2008
  8. You did, but no problem. You're welcome.

#28     Feb 28, 2008
  9. pt199

pt199

Look at Paltalk, under business and finance and you will find
    a bunch of 'em both futs and equities. I've tried many of them.

#29     Feb 28, 2008
  10. cbrokermike,

Please tell me what it is you're trying to accomplish and I will help. Do you just want a list of chat rooms without regard to quality? What are you seeking?

I have extensive first hand knowledge of most of the emini rooms and you will get a straight answer from me rather than waste your time playing pingpong with likes of those who you've encountered here. PM me if you like.

#30     Feb 29, 2008