trading restrictions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zdreg, Oct 30, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

while your remark is generally true, it seems that specific non-allowable practices on the floor would be in writing.

#11     Oct 30, 2017
  2. My gist is,don't take any co-workers word for it. In other words,get it in writing which "Code of Ethical Business Conduct" is and make sure it's clear cut and NOT AMBIGUOUS !

#12     Oct 30, 2017
  3. zdreg

zdreg

codes of ethical business conduct are written by lawyers. ambiguity is a major tool of their trade.

#13     Oct 31, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.

4. Excellent point and so very true .

#14     Oct 31, 2017
  5. zdreg

zdreg

considering that this website is ET I should have written that ambiguity is their stock in trade.:)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    #15     Oct 31, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.
  6. This is very true. I see maybe a dozen contacts a week at work...many written by attorneys, many written in common language by ordinary people. I have never seen a common language contact litigated, and the reason is they're so clear cut, during an insurance claim it's just establish the facts and settle (or deny) the claim. The one denial that was litigated was dismissed in a summary judgement (because the facts were not in dispute and the contract terms were clear).

Now, what attorney is going to write himself out of a settlement process like that when there's reams of contacts with a litany of terms that could be disputed and hours to bill?

I like to tell people my job is to make sure we don't pay attorneys (and quite satisfying in that respect).

#16     Oct 31, 2017
  7. #17     Feb 21, 2018