trading restrictions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by zdreg, Oct 30, 2017.

1. zdreg

zdreg

what trading restrictions if any exist for employees on the floor of nyse?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Those would come from their member firm.

3. zdreg

zdreg

what common restrictions are there ?

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

It has been a long time since I was on the floor. What I remember is that you can't trade for your personal account while on the trading floor (If you are doing customer business). In fact, you might have to leave the building. Then there was a restriction where you can't trade in the symbol you execute for a client all day.

Some Bds do not allow employees to trade any "stocks" for their own account, only broad based indexes and mutual funds,

5. zdreg

zdreg

do the same rules apply to upstairs members of the nyse?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I don't like to reply when I'm not confident in my answer. I'm just not sure. May I ask why you are asking?

7. zdreg

zdreg

I told a friend of mine I would get an answer for him

8. truetype

truetype

Maybe your friend can join ET (it takes 30 seconds) and ask for himself.

Maverick2608 likes this.
  9. zdreg

zdreg

maybe. thanks for displaying your wisdom publicly. you seem to be making of habit of it. do you get satisfaction out of it?

plus of course you don't know the answer to the question:"do the same rules apply to upstairs members of the nyse."

again, thanks for input.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  10. As mentioned above ,it varies .I'm sure the answer is in the Code of Ethical Business Conduct,he should read it.

That being said, my old job own "Code of Ethical Business Conduct" wasn't clear cut and I could never get a straight answer . Plus nobody wanted to attach their name to the answer to my questions regarding the companies "Code of Ethical Business Conduct"

Make sure your friend is 100% sure of his company policy ,it could cost him/her their job. I would get it in writing.

#10     Oct 30, 2017