Trading raw on YouTube

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pavlov0032, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Kobran

Kobran

Guys,

I don't care what others make ! Demo or not, learn from a trader style and Not his P&L

kOBRAN

#21     Nov 27, 2010
  2. Ummmmm

Why does the OP have the rights to distribute his video ?

Obviously there is some financial benefit to OP so I would be very cautious about this.

The guy does look like he has some skills but he's throwing around some size and it will really comedown to his ability to cut his loses.

#22     Nov 27, 2010
  3. He's a NYSE trader for the most part which is why he gets round lots. When I trade NYSE and route sdot, I always get round lots. ECNs, and trading nasdaq stocks that where odd lots occurs. He has a tR Support section, a simple commenting page that welcomes questions. He did ask me to do an honest testimonial inwhich I did.

Other than that the method uses proprietary tape reading skills to trade news because its very momentum oriented and in most case one directional. I can see why he doesn't need level II after watching his videos. I will see how it goes...its just a different style of trading and a pretty serious one. You are basically seeing how a skilled tape reader trades momentum using just bid/ask and last and he walks you through the process.

He started out at Worldco, then Assent, after Assent shut down its proprietary division where he mentored a group of traders...he went on his own and created tradingRAW.

#23     Nov 27, 2010
  4. No offense but I would really like to here his explanation of his 'tape reading skills' just by watching the bid/offers..

#24     Nov 27, 2010
  5. "No offense but I would really like to here his explanation of his 'tape reading skills' just by watching the bid/offers.."

In his literature section he explains referencing techniques using the last then how bid/ask updates against it. Then trading videos demonstrating it. I was kinda pumped because I never looked at it that way, volume is irrevelant because its understood to be there given news. We are trying to ride the reaction to the news. I was skeptic but for $199 that's a day's commission for me... I took a chance, no regrets so far. Just have to see if I can apply his tape reading skills if so then $199 is a steal.

#25     Nov 27, 2010
  6. Can you give an example of one of his 'tape reading' trades? I consider myself a highly skilled tape reader and am doubtful just by looking at the bid/offer/last. When you say last do you mean the prints? Why doesn't he show any of these tape reading trades on his site?

I suspect that he basically looks at the prints and if the offers are being taken for size and steps higher he gets in, thats a piker play but its a play. I just spent a few moments on his site and was not impressed, but for $200 if you get something out of it good for you. Also why did this thread get bumped up? It seemed pretty much dead from the beginning of Oct, then resurfaced?

#26     Nov 27, 2010
  7. No.Heat

No.Heat

The red flag is that he is selling something.

Ever seen Dustin, Anekdoten, EricP, Lescor, Rearden Metal sell something ?

It's all very easy and logical, those that got it are traders not salesman.

NH

#27     Nov 27, 2010
  8. No.Heat

No.Heat

Actually the steal is that you have a total of 6 posts and 5 of them are related to pumping this service.

#28     Nov 27, 2010
  9. KingDong130

We are all condition to be skeptical at times its a good thing but sometimes it can go to far and we might miss out on some good information. Here's the reason why I decided to be a member because like you I was skeptic.

1. Its not technical analysis. I've wasted allot money following allot of technical websites. To me its a hard to know when they work when they dont'.
    2. It seems he only trades things with substance, ie news..stocks with catalyst in them therefore there's good chance moves will occur. Isn't that what we are here to do...catch moves? How do we make money any other way?
    3. I believe in tape reading over all other methods of execution.
    4. $199 if he was charging $1,000s then maybe i would not have taken the leap of faith.

I've been tradng for couple of years, its been a hard struggle. I'm not profitable, I'm sure like 90% of the people out there but I have a passion for the market. I'm just reporting my experiences with the site. He does have sample videos back to back on the site but they are time lapsed.

As for the jump in activity probably because the site launched 24th and people are checking back to see if anyone joined and shared their experience.

#29     Nov 27, 2010
  10. I agree, I trade only 'in play' stocks as well and believe that having the ability to read the tape can only help your trading. Good luck with your trading.

#30     Nov 27, 2010