Trading raw on YouTube

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pavlov0032, Oct 6, 2010.

1. maybe sweep button that sprays large order thru several ECN's

#11     Oct 6, 2010
  2. seems like he's high frequency 100-200 lots at a time, you can get away with odd lots on ECN not on SDOT. Props will fine you for odd lot violations from my experience. Also he seems to be getting out on strenght for longs and covering on weakness, scaling in and out, bidding and offering for stock so you can't really tell through the last size cause he could be sitting at offer or bid with 1,000 shares and you see him get filled 100-200 at a time as bids and offer gets hit...etc... looks clean and follows proper trading techniques as i know them.

this guy has some skills.

#12     Oct 6, 2010
  3. Dustin

Dustin

This is what I question. I often trade a similar fashion and you can see the odd lots filling you throughout your order. Getting filled on 2000 usually look like 200, 50, 350, 500, 50, 800, 50 etc...but with him you never see sub 100 share fills.

Either I'm just not seeing it, his software isn't reflecting it, or he's on a demo that doesn't account for odd lots. Since he doesn't show a L2 or order entry box it's impossible to tell if his orders are real.

The red flag is use of delayed video to show what's happening instead of a Today Trader type video with live action which can't be faked.

#13     Oct 7, 2010
  4. "This is what I question. I often trade a similar fashion and you can see the odd lots filling you throughout your order. Getting filled on 2000 usually look like 200, 50, 350, 500, 50, 800, 50 etc...but with him you never see sub 100 share fills."

so you are saying he has to get filled odd lots even if he has hot keys to buy/sell/short 100 increments? i watched a few of his video...he starts down allot of times, you have to be right regardless I use to lose money all the time on demo.

makes sense if he going 1k or 2k order and getting filled incrementally you might see odd lots. But a few of his video he talks about scaling in and out small increments waiting for liquidity to refresh...etc he says he has hot keys somethng called sweep ..not sure what that is..trading bids offers...

So that leaves us with delay quotes...how's that? you mean like delay + realtime side by side then trade?

#14     Oct 7, 2010
  5. I don't know what platform he's using but I traded MON on this day with lightspeed. I played the long above the 50 on the opening drive play when it showed strength above 49.90 and quickly through 50, the prices were skipping pretty good, but on a play like this I sweep my orders (as it appears he does too). I have a hotkey that pays through something like .06c or .08c (can't recall) on ARCA when the market is really moving, on plays like this I usually sweep either 500 or 1k shs, this day I was sweeping 500shs. So he could have a similar setup to pay through, so if he's sweeping say 500-1000shs has a pay through I don't think you would get odd fills, but thats just me.

I know a lot of momentum traders who have a similar setup, don't worry about add/removing liquidity, and make their bread and butter in plays like this. When I review there tape I rarely see odd lot fills when they are scaling in with 500-1,000shs.

#15     Oct 7, 2010
  6. the platform is Blackwood form Dimension..

#16     Oct 7, 2010
  7. I joined tradingRAW and basically its written literature and detailed videos on tape reading skills. I must say its pretty good because there's nothing out there like it on tape reading.

#17     Nov 26, 2010

8. can u describe what platform fees you end up paying and comm structure?

#18     Nov 27, 2010
  9. jd7419

jd7419

I dont know anyway to avoid odd lots, regardless if you are placing limits or taking liquidity. Out of the 300,000 shares I trade a day you would be surprised how much time I spend getting rid of the odd lots. Wether I am bidding for 3000 or 100 aapl I will get filled for odd lots. I then immediately get rid of this odd lot 67 shares to some other active trader and then he does the same. This happens all day long. I can't initiate an odd lot but others apperently can. The odd lots have continued to get worse recently.

#19     Nov 27, 2010
  10. #20     Nov 27, 2010