Trading QQQs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by radorat, Apr 7, 2001.

1. radorat

radorat

Hi, is here anybody actively trading QQQs? I was just wondering how fast are the executions on the AMEX if I hit the BID or ASK? And is it true that I can short QQQ even on the downtick? Any response is appreciated!

RADORAT

2. I never trade qqq, I always seem to loose. But don't bother on ase. Just hit the island. It is normally a penny spread, and there's usually 5k liquidity every penny back after the first 3c.

3. radorat

radorat

The reason I am asking is that AMEX sometimes has a better price because Island tends to move sometimes much faster than AMEX. However, thanks for your quick reply.

4. Dustin

Dustin

Just because you see AMEX on the bid/offer when isld has been easten up a few levels doesn't mean you will actually get filled at those levels. Try trading qqq's in a fast market through AMEX a few times to see what I mean.

5. To answer the other part of your question, yes you can short the QQQ's, as well the SPY's and DIA's on a downtick.

6. RAY

RAY

I have traded the Q's, and trying to execute with AMEX when ISLD is "running" or "off" is just about impossible. If you think about it; ISLD wouldn't be "off," as compared to amex, if it were an option.