Trading, Poker... What else is there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Rearden Metal, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Learn a musical instrument.

#51     Jun 17, 2009
  2. rosy2

rosy2

theres always backgammon. more action than poker.

#52     Jun 17, 2009
  3. Bootsie

Bootsie

Two questions...

1- why have you abstained from posting on trading or the current trading environment? What is your current trading like?

2- I don't think I've even read a more articulate poster (writer) on this site. I don't even think I've ever seen a spelling mistake from your hand... why don't your write, or better yet, create a memoir. I for one would read/buy it.

B

#53     Jun 25, 2009
  4. 1- I've been going through mini-Livermore boom & bust swings ever since the Golden Age ended in 2001. Whenever my ET posts assume their current semi-humble tone, you can just assume I'm in a slump period.

2- Thanks- you're awesome too!
    Writing an entire book capable of holding people's interest for hundreds of pages has got to be exponentially more difficult than posting brief message board responses here and there.
    I seriously doubt I could pull it off, especially now that my creativity-enhancing substance habit capitulated and ended last year.

#54     Jun 26, 2009
  5. A book is written a page at a time, and develops along the way. You may surprise yourself.

I agree with Bootsie - you could create a significant work if you really put yourself into it. And even if you didn't publish it, you would probably find it to be a very valuable experience.

#55     Jun 26, 2009
  6. Masturbate

#56     Jun 26, 2009
  7. Bootsie

Bootsie

I hope you weren't being sarcastic... I was just trying to offer an honest response to the OP. Anyway, let us know what you decide to do with all your free time.

#57     Jul 3, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Instead of a "book", why not write an abridged trading diary of all your significant market experiences since you began? That could be pretty interesting, and you'd probably learn a crapload from it. It might even improve your own results significantly.

#58     Jul 3, 2009
  9. always Pinochle and canasta :D

#59     Jul 3, 2009
  10. sex, highly addictive narcotics, base jumping, sex, more sex, suiside, in that order. You should try it. MG, ET is such fantastic hang out place, thanks for enriching my life.

#60     Jul 3, 2009