Trading, Poker... What else is there?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Rearden Metal, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Then consider yourself among the fortunate to be able to live your life rather than just make a living. If you haven't already done so, find a good woman who makes you happy. (And if you have, then make her happy.) Read some good books. Hit the gym regularly. Travel. Reunite with friends from your past and catch up. As I'm sure you well know, life can be as full or as empty as you make it.

EDIT: NoDoji makes a good point. If you have ample free time and are not only looking at ways to make more money with it, then consider volunteering. (I admit I have not yet done so, but then I don't nearly have the kind of money you do.) Surely there is a cause you are passionate about and to which you can contribute with your time.

#21     Jun 13, 2009
  2. I remember some of your posts a while ago, you being up or down hundreds of thousands in a day. Nuts.

You mostly trade spy right?

#22     Jun 13, 2009
  3. bellman

bellman

I used to trade with Tradesports.com, but that no longer exists... is there an exchange where one can bet on sporting events remotely from the US with reasonable commissions?

#23     Jun 13, 2009
  4. Hey Sybil,

Unlike Jack, I deal with stalkers in this way.

I-G-N-O-R-E:D

#24     Jun 13, 2009
  5. garapaka

garapaka

Yep.. and when challenged you run and hide too

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKss2pBYQ6Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKss2pBYQ6Y&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

#25     Jun 13, 2009
  6. thehammer

thehammer

Ha ha.. ARealGutless trader is just another wannabe newb on the net that paper trades and makes bad calls :p

#26     Jun 13, 2009
  7. Not gonna embarrass u three weekends in a row, Sybil.

Goodbye
    :D

#27     Jun 13, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

Get a Phd (if you don't have one already)
    Join a PE group or become a mostly passive investor in a business (maybe one that gives you an edge in commodities, I know a trader who is setting up a Palm oil refinery for just that reason).
    Bridge/Backgammon/Mah Jong.

#28     Jun 13, 2009
  9. garapaka

garapaka

Actually everyone saw you turn tail when challenged and hide behind your mothers skirt :p

#29     Jun 13, 2009
  10. Specterx

Specterx

I think edges in sports betting are easier to come by. One of my relatives makes consistent money betting on horses. You're not playing in the same arena as hedge funds, PhD quants, et al. The real problem is that the data needed to discover and exploit these edges, and the software infrastructure to process it, isn't readily available in a turn-key format.

#30     Jun 14, 2009