Trading platforms

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by matt36, Jun 23, 2001.

1. stevet

stevet

trader777

how long ago was this? - and what was the $2 for? and how often was it charged?

all fees are on the way down - the fees to clearers for PATS maybe going up, but there is a lot of competition in the furures brokerage business at the moment causing downward pressure on margins and fees

#61     Apr 1, 2002
  2. Xenia

Xenia

REFCO PRO’s advanced features of trade entry, market monitoring and risk are now available to a global audience. It is satisfying to observe that in addition to Refco’s growing numbers of U.S. users (further covered in Product and Sales — U.S., below) REFCO PRO is already in use as far away as Singapore, Russia, the Lebanon, Hong Kong and Korea.

In line with expectations, REFCO PRO is proving to be the reliable and scaleable product that precisely meets both Refco’s and their customer’s needs. Refco are on record as stating that, given the success of REFCO PRO in the U.S., they are confident that the European trading community will embrace REFCO PRO. There has been a rapid and increasing uptake rate of REFCO PRO in the last three months with significant gains in the number of active users. There has been a large increase in the volume of business transacted on REFCO PRO and I am pleased to report that Refco customer numbers and satisfaction levels are at an all-time high.

These gains are ongoing. The expectation is that further increases in customer numbers and transaction volumes will be realised in the near future as REFCO PRO continues to take market share both in the U.S. and globally due to the European availability of the product. The JV has reached critical mass and has the forward momentum in growing user numbers and transacted volumes necessary to take it to operating profitability in the near term. I am confident that EasyScreen’s 49% interest and investment in the JV will mature into material earnings for the Group.

Recent developments in U.S. electronic trading have revealed gaps in competitor competencies and institution’s internally developed systems. Institutions have to cope with multiple exchanges, new exchange traded products, upgrades and high bandwidth demands from outdated, inefficient technologies. EasyScreen already has the proven platform to answer these issues. This has benefited both our EasyXchange product and the Refco EasySolutions platform supplied to Refco. The Refco case provides an excellent live example and a ringing endorsement of our proven technology. Refco is on record as observing that, in numerous cases, the critical client issues described above have been simply addressed by users switching to REFCO PRO.

In the U.S. we continue to make good progress with the marketing of EasyXchange. EasyScreen has also provided Easy Active Trade ("EAT") trading screens to the Chicago Mercantile Exchange ("CME") GLOBEX Learning Centre ("GLC"). Supplied at no cost to the GLC, these EAT screens will familiarise traders with electronic trading systems. This process also introduces EAT to our target audience trading the largest futures exchange in the U.S.. Traders transitioning to electronic markets require the best of trading and risk systems. Our U.S. office is fully engaged with the CME in supporting the GLC initiative and I am confident that this exposure, directly alongside competitive systems, will benefit EasyScreen.

www.refcoeasysolutions.com/news.asp

www.easyscreen.com/easyscreen_newsroom/press_releases2004.html

#62     Apr 3, 2004
  3. XENIA... THANKS for info... i read the info but i got a question....can you place an order with a stop price and target price with one click??? i.e.---- a bracket order?? for me that is a basic requirement.... thanks

#63     Apr 3, 2004
  4. How do you compare Refco Pro against J-trader? Why it is not as popular as J-trader? Refco is the only major broker that has adopted it.

#64     Apr 3, 2004
  5. I have been using REFCO PRO for the past year now and can honestly say that it is rock solid, reliable, and very fast!

This platform DOES NOT skip a beat during fast markets like FOMC announcement days on interest rate policy, etc. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone coupled with REFCO's VelocityEtrade rates at $4.00 per round turn, and a .25 cent per side charge for the platform.

#65     Apr 3, 2004
  6. Does it provide stop orders for exchanges without native stops like CBOT? How is it implemented?
    Does it provide deeper discounts for high volume traders?

#66     Apr 3, 2004