Trading platforms

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by matt36, Jun 23, 2001.

1. You could use GL, we quit using it though, on a POP, but you need to research the exact route your clearing firm takes.

The quotes are another matter, no matter what GL tells you, they do not have the fastest quotes. There are several guys arbing in the pits, with a GL terminal and outside quotes.

#51     Mar 31, 2002
  2. just21

just21

Arn't the guys with a globex terminal on the floor, arbing between the big contract and the emini?

#52     Mar 31, 2002
  3. freemind

freemind

in functionality, amenities and speed of execution. It's better priced for the user. TT flatters itself by asking so much.

#53     Mar 31, 2002
  4. You got it.

#54     Apr 1, 2002
  5. Anyone familiar with the J-trader platform used by the FCM "GNI" ?? Good??Bad?? Just like the others??

#55     Apr 1, 2002
  6. I had a good experience with the stability of JTrader at GNI... But the tech support was about the worst I've ever seen. I had an open position when JTrader went down and their tech support said they couldn't get me out!!! There were also many hidden charges that they didn't disclose to me.

#56     Apr 1, 2002
  7. stevet

stevet

trader777

hi,

the tech support guy probably could not get you out, as he would not be a broker - but he should have referred you to a broker? and they would not be able to get you out if it was globex that had gone down?

was there a introducing broker or were you with GNI directly

what sort of other charges?

who are you with now?

#57     Apr 1, 2002
  8. mbt3

mbt3

hi.
    I had a similar problem with Pats(pre j trader) and Kyte..

When I had a trade on via Patsystem and it went down my trade had to be closed via the tech people..They needed to get into Pats to close the position
    If I closed direct with the trading desk..then the next trade had to be opened via the desk and then closed via Pats when it was up again..something about the 2 offsetting each other..

It wasn't a complication I wanted to trade with..

hope this helps..
    mbt3

#58     Apr 1, 2002
  9. stevet

stevet

mbt3

that was a while ago - i am sure technically Pats/Kyte are a lot better or even as good as it gets now - but Kyte are only interested in institutional people - and the kids on their retail brokerage side have that old style arrogant attitude

#59     Apr 1, 2002
  10. The tech support guy is the one who was supposed to get me out. He blamed it on globex being down, yet I could still see trades going through on globex! Other charges were inactivity, $2 pats fees instead of $1 everywhere else, and it was just one thing after another. It took over 2 weeks to open my account!!! I am now clearing through Man Financial with eFloorTrade. So far I have had a much better experience with Man.

#60     Apr 1, 2002