Trading platforms

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by matt36, Jun 23, 2001.

1. def

def Sponsor

turok,
    i'd like you to point me to the link on that site where it says IB as set up fees as I would like to point it out to IB's legal council.

I didn't want to get involved in this thread but I can not sit idle if mis-information is posted on competitors web sites.

- There are no set up fees on IB.
    - There fees for electronic future trades are 2.95 (which include all exchange and clearing fees)
    - You can see market depth for the futures
    - You can now open a multi-currency account. Via a multicurrency account you will be able to trade all offered gloabl products from one screen.

It is correct that day trade margin is not available but margin on futures is relatively low and having such a policy protects the firm and all it's clients.

#21     Sep 15, 2001
  2. Turok

Turok

>turok, i'd like you to point me to the link on that
    >site where it says IB as set up fees as I would
    >like to point it out to IB's legal council.

Hi Def,

I have never visited their site (E-mini.com) so I can't provide you with any links. It was however an acknowledged representive of that operation (Elon) that made the statement earlier on this thread (where it remains unsubstantiated):

>Interactive does not disclose different set up
    >fees, BIG EXTRA for phone orders etc.,

As a customer of IB who has never been charged any "different setup fees", I was interested in the details of his charge. Elon declined to back up his claims even when ask to do so. I assume it is the classic "put up or shut up" situation and Elon decided to shut up.

JB

PS: Unfortunately in my post I credited the usubstantiated statement to "E-Futures.com" rather than to the actual offender "E-mini.com" My apologies to E-Futures.com and I have just edited that error.

#22     Sep 15, 2001
  3. elon

elon

Hi Turok,

Just seen your response.

To make things clear, I NEVER traded with IB.

I did trade with a few other softwares and BEST in my eyes is one of the more relaible softwares.

The comment regarding set up fees came after a conversation with one of my dearest clients who went ahead and tried IB a few months ago in addition to what we do as full service, so the comment about addt'l fees, extra charge for phone orders and the lack of day trading margins came from him, which I HOLD AS ONE RELAIBLE source.

#23     Sep 17, 2001
  4. elon

elon

one more thing:

My comment from a while ago regarding IB was a little hasty and not tastefull, when talking about other companies all information should be included.

I hope my last reply made it clear, my comments regarding IB came from a client that traded briefly a few months ago with IB.

I ALSO heard good things about IB. I guess it all comes to the style of trade, contracts traded, preferences etc, which should be done on a case by case.

Markets will start here in a few minutes, so I am out of function for a while.

Good trading and careful trading for everyone today.

#24     Sep 17, 2001
  5. Turok

Turok

Thanks for your response Elon. I'm sure Def will appreciate it as well.

JB

#25     Sep 17, 2001
  6. What's the best futures trading platform? I am very interested in the J-Trader Patsystems software, mainly because my understanding is that it features charts and depth of market (I 'd like a broker that provides me with a RT charting package) . I am looking for reputable FCM's (discount) that offer Jtrader. So far I've found only elocaltrading and NetFutures. I thought Man had it but the website only mentions the Mtrade platform. There a few others on this link but except for REFCO (impossible to find any info on their site)I 've never heard of these firms:

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=15940134

Also how does it compare to IB platform regarding ease and speed of execution taking into account the services provided by the brokers that offer it ? Finally what exactly is an introducing broker? I would greatly appreciate your opinions.

#26     Sep 19, 2001
  7. elon

elon

#27     Sep 19, 2001
  8. js1257

js1257

I think he is looking for a users honest opinion and not someone who is hyping their site.

#28     Sep 19, 2001
  9. tymjr

tymjr

I have access to both Patsystems and IB. I prefer Pat as it has a number of features I like and is organized in a fashion that I find useful. IB will get the job done, though.

I like the visual layout of the DOM feature on Pat but the information it passes along is not something I use to make trading decisions.

Speed of execution is equal as far as my experience is concerned.

I am not aware of Pat J-Trader having a charting feature unless it is linked directly to CQG. Other brokers or data providers may have a similar feature.

The little I’ve seen of Best Direct appears intriguing.

#29     Sep 19, 2001
  10. js1257

js1257

tymjr,
    What types of orders are you using and what is the average fill time ( how many seconds)? I am checking out the best direct demo and it is pretty cool, I especially like the realtime features. I wish the patsystem had a real time demo cuz it looks pretty cool. I'm thinking I might go with best direct.

#30     Sep 19, 2001