Trading Platforms Recommendations

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CodeX, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CodeX

CodeX

What do you think of the E-signal Advanced Get Edition Trading Platform?; the reviews in the "An all new Esignal launches" were mostly negative.

Can you chart the pre and post market data with it?

2. CodeX

CodeX

All your opinions are appreciated.

3. CodeX

CodeX

Does anyone know of a trading platform that plots the pre and post market hours data into the charting tool?

I am looking for suggestions here, not necessarily cheap, but the best.

4. Codex, I used esignal for years as well as several other platforms. They all have their pros and cons. My suggestion is that you take your questions directly to the vendor and forget about trying to get insight from MB and chat rooms.
    Have a good idea what is important to you in a platform and what you're trying to do with it. Ask questions, do a demo and then use it for a while.

Good luck.

5. What exactly are your needs?

I thought every platform plotted pre- and post-market hours, yet you seem to suggest it's an advanced feature?

I'm satisfied with Ninjatrader for my modest needs, but I've heard good things about Multicharts. I don't know specifics about eSignal, so you're probably better off contacting them directly. There's a review section here as well that might be useful.

6. CodeX

CodeX

Not every platform has this feature. For example, do you have it in Ninjatrader? I think not.

It's a good idea to contact esignal directly but i want to also hear what other traders have to say from their experience.

7. Of course. You can choose between multiple standard templates, for example U.S. equities RTH, CME index futures RTH, or ETH which is the abbreviation for extended trading hours. I believe you can create custom templates as well.