Trading Platforms Pros and Cons - What is your favorite trading platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bradypreston, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bluelou

bluelou

CosmoGeek,
    Click on my name and look at my post from 08-25-08. Read the whole thing. Then you'll know why I stopped using OQ and perhaps inhibited some potential new users from switching to OQ.

I'm assuming that that might have hurt OQ's business somewhat. Also, for proof of my claims about OQ not answering questions just look at all of the postings on the OQ forum that end with a user question but no answer from OQ. I think my username at OQ was just 'Lou' if you're curious to look at my postings on their forum specifically.

Having said all of that, I'm not claiming that OQ hasn't improved their support or that the product is bad. It might be great stuff now - but it wasn't so great when I was trying to work with it. I figure that they took me for $800 or so. Caveat emptor.

BTW, the NinjaTrader (NT) support is very good for such an inexpensive product. You still might not get your question answered but they put forth a real effort to help and they get back to you within hours if not sooner.

NT has some flaws: it's a pig on memory when it comes to working with tick data - especially when backtesting.

I can't think of any platform worse than TradeStation. I was a TS user and the system crashed on me every single day. Trying to use TS for automated tick-based strategies is about as convenient as making your own pasta.

Hope this helps.
    -Lou

#31     Nov 15, 2008