Trading platform /w Ameritrade

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pacificjo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Please note that QuoteTracker has a trading API that allows other programs to connect to it and place trades through QuoteTracker supported brokers in an automated fashion. So if you find some program that fits your needs otherwise, you can ask them to integrate with QT's trading API. Docs are at:
    http://www.quotetracker.com/help/QTTradingAPI.shtml

#11     Apr 28, 2005
  2. pacificjo

pacificjo

Software designers Jerry Medved and Tomasz Janesko themselves replying to my question. How is that for a service? Now you can see why their two products, respectively Quote Tracker and AmiBroker are the one I have been using. Support is top notch.

Tomasz, I could see that the last release of Amibroker 4.70 offers support for auto-trading with Interactive Brokers. Any plan on getting Amibroker to support Quote Tracker for auto-trading? In that case, I would be all set, since Quote Tracker is already my trading platform to my Ameritrade account.

Any word on that would be very appreciated.

jo

#12     Apr 28, 2005
  3. Yes, Jerry has pointed me to QT trading interface not so long ago and it looks interesting. However, before I dig into it I would like to update data plugin for QT to use new streaming interface, because many more users are interested in having it first.

#13     Apr 28, 2005
  4. pacificjo

pacificjo

Tomasz,
    Thanks for your reply. Fair enough. If many more Amibroker users need another feature than the one I'm looking for, I'll have to wait.

Elite Traders,
    If anyone can suggest me an auto-trading platform until then, this would be appreciated.

Jerry,
    Congrats for the Quote Tracker Auto-trading APIs, I won't do much with them since I'm not a developer, but I'm sure some products (and hopefully Amibroker soon) will take advantage of these APIs.

All,
    thank you very much for your input, I did learn from it. Please keep commenting, your thoughs are always appreciated especially for auto-trading recommended products.

jo

#14     Apr 28, 2005
  5. dimeo

dimeo

with that small of capital, you have to really be sure that your fees don't eat up your profits.

Unless you know what you're doing, day trading might not be what you really want to get into.

You won't be able to exactly live off the profits with only 25k trading captial.

I've had good luck swingtrading using the wealthlab website. Follow the winning scripts on there. Extreme oversold RSI is good.

#15     Apr 29, 2005
  6. pacificjo

pacificjo

Thanks Dimeo for the reference. I will look-it up.

And thanks for the tip too. Perhaps the answer is to keep swing trading until I get the right capital for day trading.

I appreciate your input.

jo

#16     Apr 29, 2005
  7. axled

axled

PacificJo,

gotta tell you upgrading to the RT version of Amibroker was one of the best things I've done. The system is really as robust as other thousand dollar apps out there. In general, the AFL is quite straight forwar d and with more 3rd party vendors starting to supply plugins and dll's it is becoming even better.

I would like to share trading ideas, coding, and indicators with fellow canadians using the system

#17     May 11, 2005
  8. pacificjo

pacificjo

Hey Alex,

Thanks for your input and sorry to get back to you only now. I was away.
    I do have the RT version of Amibroker.
    Also, I'm registered to Amibroker forum were people can exchange trading ideas and technical stuffs. I recommend you to register as well.

Cheers

#18     May 24, 2005