Trading platform from behind a firewall?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by choppybadge, May 31, 2004.

1. The company I work for upgraded the firewall which eliminated all real time data from all sources (including cybertrader referenced above). I tried multiple avenues (http tunnel was the closest potential solution) but my IT department detected my attempts to bypass firewall via a "user attempt log." I was asked (anonymously) to remove all non-standard software from my workstation.

I now cart in my laptop and use dial up. I feels like I should count my profits at the end of the day with an abacus.

#11     Jun 2, 2004
  2. I have an OptionXpress (OX) account, I did a check on the QT's streaming news sources. OX is not listed as one of the options? Am I missing something???

IB does have a wireless interface. But they don't have a trial/demo of the interface/system. :(

Ya, I guess my options are pretty limited at the moment. I think a number of people face the same prob as I do, I hope there will be a good solution soon!

#12     Jun 2, 2004
  3. optionsXpress News - select OPTIONS/WebUpdate and let QT update all files.

#13     Jun 2, 2004
  4. Thanks for the tip on the new feature. I've set it up, but it's not streaming at the moment, probably OX has disabled the feed during non-market hours.

#14     Jun 3, 2004